PDA

View Full Version : Woodline Router Bits

Justin Dreier
03-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Ladies and Gents - I've been toying around with Menards/Home Depot bits for awhile. I've picked up a few individual Amana bits from the woodsmith store for my most often used bits.

Anyway, I ordered a couple woodline bit packages on Amazon last week. Haven't come in, but was wondering if these are really low end or mid range bits? Has anyone had good/bad experiences with them?

Dave Falkenstein
03-05-2007, 11:53 PM
I have quite a few Woodline router bits. I have no complaints in my use of them in my home workshop. Woodline offers decent bits at decent prices along with good customer service and a liftime limited warranty. On a couple of occasions I have had a need to talk to Woodline about an order problem - they made things right with no delay. I'll buy from Woodline again. My perspective is that if and when I wear out a Woodline bit, I'll have them replace it or buy a higher priced, higher quality bit to replace it. I have not needed to implement that perspective yet.

Mike Armstrong
03-06-2007, 1:57 AM
Ditto Dave's comments. They seem to be excellent bits for their price. I started using them a few years ago after we got a complete set at Palomar where I've been taking classes for years - http://www.palomar.edu/woodworking Woodline used to be up the road from us before they moved to TN. They get a lot of (ab)use at school, and I haven't heard any complaints from other students or the staff.

Just bought a plantation shutter set through Amazon at a much better price than my regular student discount!

Mike

scott spencer
03-06-2007, 5:58 AM
Nothing wrong with the Woodline's for the price. They're a pretty typical decent quality Asian made value bits, along the lines of Holbren, MLCS, Woodcraft, etc....That level of bit tends to be pretty similar from one "good" name to the next, so I tend to buy the price, which has favored Holbren more often than not. You'll likely find that your Amana's are a nicer bit, but you'll likely be pleased with the value of the Woodlines depending on what you're doing.

Justin Dreier
03-06-2007, 7:41 AM
Consistent responses - thanks for your thoughts. Looking foward to build a good supply of various bits. I may order some Holbren bits as well. Right now, I have a daddo, chamfer, dovetail, cove and rounover bit set coming.