PDA

View Full Version : Holbren bits??

David Gunn
03-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I was on the Holbren site looking at router bit sets. They have a 24 pc. set, but the bits are yellow. I thought Holbren brand bits are blue. The yellow bits look a lot like the cheap sets on ebay.
I have never bought anything from Holbren but I here they are pretty good bits. I usually order from MLCS. Does anyone have any info on these YELLOW Holbren bits?

Lance Sones
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
First post and I don't know a thing :) But I bought some for my very first $47.49 router - GMC ATBR1500 on Amazon

See below for Holbren's post.

xxxx

Lance

Mike Heidrick
03-06-2007, 12:06 AM
I was on the Holbren site looking at router bit sets. They have a 24 pc. set, but the bits are yellow. I thought Holbren brand bits are blue. The yellow bits look a lot like the cheap sets on ebay.
I have never bought anything from Holbren but I here they are pretty good bits. I usually order from MLCS. Does anyone have any info on these YELLOW Holbren bits?

Brian from Holbren is a member on woodnet. Ask him there or just call him. He is a great guy.

Kevin Beck
03-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Brian is a member here also, though he is more active on woodnet. I bought his Bridgewood table saw when he upgraded to a MiniMax combo.

He is a very nice guy, he's been storing my EB-3 miter gauge that I forgot to pick up and isn't even charging me rent.

Just kidding Brian, I'll pick it up soon.

Kevin

Lloyd McKinlay
03-06-2007, 12:04 PM
but just last week I had a "customer satisfaction" situation with Holbren. Their response was outstanding, everything I could have expected.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from Holbren.

Mike Weaver
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Direct link is:
http://www.holbren.com/product.php?productid=2983&cat=27&page=1

$20 for 24 bits.

With Brian's positive press here & on other forums, I'm confident I'll be quite pleased with the bits I just ordered.:D

-Mike

Jeffrey Schronce
03-06-2007, 3:26 PM
Brian currently does not have the blue set in stock. The blue set has C3 carbide and is thicker. The yellow has C2 and cannot be sharpened per Brians statement on another site.

Brian Gumpper
03-07-2007, 12:30 AM
he's been storing my EB-3 miter gauge that I forgot to pick up and isn't even charging me rent.

Is that what that was? My wife needed someting to hold a small tree up so I'll have to go clean it off. :eek:

Those yellow bits are a softer carbide but do cut well. You will be very pleased with what you get for the price. I hate making them yellow but everybody and their brother seems to have any reasonable color trademarked and yellow is the only one that can't be.

I use those bits for volume promotions and have a bunch left over, that's why I'm just about giving them away.

They are balanced and you don't have to worry about carbide flying off. Just the carbide is not as good or as thick as the blue bits.

Please no coupon codes on these, can't bleed any more than I am.

Steve Roxberg
03-08-2007, 6:41 PM
I ordered a set of 1/4" for my Bosch Colt, now I have a full set to get me started and the ones I use up I'll replace with high quality bits.

Thanks Holbren!

Les Spencer
03-08-2007, 7:04 PM
I guess if you snooze you lose. Just checked Holbren site, and set is now $34.95.:eek: Still a good buy but not as good as the $20.

Brad Noble
03-08-2007, 7:21 PM
I guess if you snooze you lose. Just checked Holbren site, and set is now $34.95.:eek: Still a good buy but not as good as the $20.

Place them in your cart and THEN look at the price. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Brad

Les Spencer
03-08-2007, 8:08 PM
Brad,

Thanks, order placed.:D

Brian Keith
03-11-2007, 3:51 PM
I just ordered a 1/2 set last night. Brian is a member of another site that Im on and he seems to be a real nice guy. He seams to always be giving some sort of deals all the time.