PDA

View Full Version : New Pens

Daniel Heine
03-05-2007, 9:33 PM
Hello,

Just a couple of new pens I thought I would show off here for your critique.
A Baron, and a Sedona:

John Chandler
03-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Those are nice looking pens. What kind of wood is each?

Bernie Weishapl
03-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Those are two beauties Daniel. I like'em.

John Terefenko
03-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Also interested in the woods and the type finish you put on them. Just a point of view from your picture of the green one it looks rather large. Even for a man that seems fat for a lack of a better word. Maybe just the photo.

Lars Thomas
03-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Sinced you asked for a critique, I really like the first one. I don't much care for the 'pinched' lines on the second one. I'd prefer a more gentle arc. Otherwise, the look good and all fittings appear to be flush with the hardware.

John Hart
03-06-2007, 5:40 AM
I'm kinda partial to the first one m'self....but there's about a gazillion different tastes in pen shapes....so I think they're both great. Nice craftmanship.:)

Daniel Heine
03-06-2007, 9:39 AM
Hello,

Thank you for all of your comments. The first pen, the Baron is made from Highly Figured Bubinga, and the second is from Zebrawood. Both pens were finished with CA/BLO. The green cast on the second pen is because of the lower image quality I had to use in order to be able to upload the picture. It is brown, not green. I bought the figured bubinga on ebay, and I really like it. Turns nice, and has a lot of grain variations.

Thank You,
Dan Heine

Jonathon Spafford
03-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Beautiful pens... my favorite would also have to be the bubinga one! Both look very nice though.