PDA

View Full Version : First pens in a long time

Don Orr
03-05-2007, 8:56 PM
Hey folks, I haven't posted anything in quite a while so I thought I'd show some pens I made for the staff at the Double H Hole-in-the-Woods Camp in Lake Luzerne, NY. Our club helps them out once in a while and decided to make pens for all the staff who give so much of themselves for the kids who go to this camp. This is a camp where children with life-threatening illnesses, cancer, and blood disorders go for free to try and have something of a normal kid experience. The staff obviously has to include lots of nurses, aides, doctors, and such to help keep these kids going so they can enjoy themselves. I work in Health Care and have worked with many sick kids over the years and I know they LOVE this place. And the nurses, docs, etc., LOVE helping them have a good time. We wanted to show the staff that there are others that appreciate what they do for these kids. Some of our group have been to the camp to do demos and had a great time. Another woodworking group I belong to makes makes up kits of things like bird houses and race cars for the kids to put together and decorate during craft sessions.
The pens are nothing special, just some slimlines, but the people who will get them sure are. L-R, 2 Zebrawood, Lacewood, Cocobolo, Bubinga.

Bernie Weishapl
03-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Don slimline or not those are beauties. They will be cherished I am sure. Nice job.

Lars Thomas
03-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Great work on the pens - even better cause. Nicely done. Lars

Steve Schlumpf
03-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Great looking pens Don! My hat is off to you Sir for supporting such a caring organization! Your pens will be treasured!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Great job on those pens Don!

John Hart
03-06-2007, 5:42 AM
Very nice group of pens Don. I haven't done any pens in a while either. Gotta get to it.:)

Jonathon Spafford
03-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Super pens... love the woods you chose! Great work you're doing with this organization!