PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for cushions

Kyle Stiefel
03-05-2007, 2:12 PM
Hello,

Does any one out there have suggestions or recommendations for a chair cushion manufacturer or seller? I am designing a living room chair which will have a cushion in the seating area and can't really start until I have the cushion set up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jim Thiel
03-05-2007, 2:46 PM
Are you thinking inner spring type cushion, or a chunk of foam wrapped in batting tucked into a nice fabric box? Any upolsterer <sp> worth salt can make a cushion from foam. If you want a spring seat, try the thrift store. A new option might be berne brothers, I believe they are in Indiana.

Jim

Kyle Stiefel
03-05-2007, 4:50 PM
Are you thinking inner spring type cushion, or a chunk of foam wrapped in batting tucked into a nice fabric box? Any upolsterer <sp> worth salt can make a cushion from foam. If you want a spring seat, try the thrift store. A new option might be berne brothers, I believe they are in Indiana.

Jim

Jim,

I am looking for the foam wrap. My problem is I need to do it via mail because of my location and virtually no resources for that type of thing on the island I live on.

Thanks.

John Bush
03-05-2007, 5:48 PM
Hi Kyle, there is an upholster-er here in Edmonds that made cushions for a mission recliner I made. He is still in business and is very knowledgeable in all aspects of upholstery. Let me know and I'll send you his info. John Bush.

Kyle Stiefel
03-05-2007, 6:51 PM
Hi Kyle, there is an upholster-er here in Edmonds that made cushions for a mission recliner I made. He is still in business and is very knowledgeable in all aspects of upholstery. Let me know and I'll send you his info. John Bush.

John,

Please pass on the information when you have a chance.

Thanks.

Jim Thiel
03-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Jim,

I am looking for the foam wrap. My problem is I need to do it via mail because of my location and virtually no resources for that type of thing on the island I live on.

Thanks.

Sorry, I thought you were on the big rock. Are you planning to sew the cover yourself, or an out the door cushion?

Have you tried craigslist? A quick look and I found a quilter in Wasilla. Her web site might point you to some more local help. Perhaps the online yellow pages will get you a upolsterer in Anchorage. Where is your paradise relative to Anchorage?

I spent and wasted my youth in Ft. Rich. I know what it's like to be cut off.:o

Jim