PDA

View Full Version : Steel City 6" deluxe Jointer 40615

Ralph Dobbertin
03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Just purchased this at the Toronto Woodworking Show. Seems like a very good machine. It will be a few days before I actually get it though. Has anyone purchased this one? Any impressions? Appreciate it.

http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/products_tools.cfm?section=2&category=7&tool=40615

Justin McCurdy
03-05-2007, 1:44 PM
Put a link-belt on it immediately. Otherwise they are really easy to put together and have a nice fit and finish.

Nancy Laird
03-05-2007, 8:18 PM
Ralph,

You will LOVE this jointer. We have one and couldn't be happier with it. It came out of the crate just about ready to turn on and run. One thing that SC does with their jointers, as opposed to other manufacturers, is that they put the bed in the crate upside down so it is shipped laying on the top. Others put it in right-side-up with flimsy little foam blocks to support it so it is traveling on the bottom. Makes more sense the SC way. The only little glitch we had was getting the fence square--took about 10 minutes to get it right. It's really a honey. You got a good machine.

Nancy

Mike Heidrick
03-05-2007, 8:24 PM
Ralph,

You will LOVE this jointer. We have one and couldn't be happier with it. It came out of the crate just about ready to turn on and run. One thing that SC does with their jointers, as opposed to other manufacturers, is that they put the bed in the crate upside down so it is shipped laying on the top. Others put it in right-side-up with flimsy little foam blocks to support it so it is traveling on the bottom. Makes more sense the SC way. The only little glitch we had was getting the fence square--took about 10 minutes to get it right. It's really a honey. You got a good machine.

Nancy

I am guessing this is only for the 6" version? No way the big jointers are shipped upside down. You could not flip them yourself.

SC 12" looks almost exactly like the DJ30 with a wider base cover.

Nancy Laird
03-05-2007, 8:28 PM
I am guessing this is only for the 6" version? No way the big jointers are shipped upside down. You could not flip them yourself.

SC 12" looks almost exactly like the DJ30 with a wider base cover.

The jointer is shipped in two crates, one for the base and one for the bed. Two people could easily flip the bed of a large jointer--LOML did ours himself...veeerrrryyy carefully.

Nancy

Ralph Dobbertin
03-05-2007, 9:34 PM
Thx Nancy: appreciate the note. I should get it in a couple of days. I'd been trying to live without one but I find there is always a little twist or something in my boards that irks me. I'm getting picky in my old age

All the best