PDA

View Full Version : CerMark Tile & Glass Marking Solution

Steve McKee
03-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Does anyone have any experience with this product? How well does it work? Does it engrave in black only are does it do shades of Gray as well?

Thanks,
Steve

Wil Lambert
03-05-2007, 10:46 AM
The tile solution works well. I have been using it for a few years now. It does take some trial and error to get the setting correct but when you do.

The solution only engraves in Black, Bronze, or Blue. Depending on what color you purchase. The black will only engrave black but grays can be made from halftones.

You may want to look into Lasertiles instead of the solution based product. From what I have seen the consistency you will get from the lasertiles will surpass the solutions.

Wil

Steve McKee
03-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the reply Wil. I have used LaserTile with very good success however I was looking into doing something with tiles of a different size than what they offer.

Steve

Wil Lambert
03-05-2007, 2:50 PM
Try it out. We have had spotty results with some tile others were great. Trial and error come in to play for this product.

Wil

Gary Hair
03-05-2007, 9:40 PM
I hope it works well - I just ordered White (frost), black and bronze. I guess I'll know in a day or two when it arrives...

Patrick OBrien
03-06-2007, 7:43 PM
Keep us posted on you results. I am considering trying the same.

Bill Cunningham
03-06-2007, 9:40 PM
I've used ordinary Cermark on tile, and it works fine..
Why have two types of 'black' cermark.. The stuff is expensive. Up here, a spray can of the stuff cost 125.00 or so..
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=56218&d=1169948450