PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Customer Service Experience

Noah Alkinburgh
12-12-2003, 1:15 PM
I just thought I would share a wonderful experience that I just had today with a supplier.

Due to many of the nice things I have been hearing about Velvit Oil recently I thought maybe I would get some to try on some projects. I couldn't find anything on the net about a distributor close to me (Barbara Gill is about the closest) so I figured I would call the company and see if there was one close.

Unfortunately no one is close...he told me about a guy in NY and then Barbara (which I already knew about). So I was about to give up when he asked what I was going to be doing. As I told him he said, "How about if I send you some samples?" WOW!!! I didn't ask him, he asked me. Then he talked about what kind of wood I was using to help make the best decison on a color. As it ends up he thinks the natural would be great for me (which is what I wanted) and he said he would go ahead and send that and the natural pine and honey colors!!!

I will be sure to post a review of them sometime after Christmas as I plan on using them quite a bit, but I thought I would share this wonderful example of great customer service. Thanks alot Len at Velvit Products. I look forward to working with you, your company, and your products.

Noah

Tyler Howell
12-12-2003, 3:39 PM
They are nice people. I Emailed the Manu. looking for a local distributer. Nobody close but I could call the city desk and place an order. A very pleasnt lady answered all my questions. No samples, but I had done my homework.
This all took place Wednesday afternoon. It was delivered to my door today. Friday AM.

TJH

PS It was the creek that turned me on to this stuff. It will be my maiden voyage. Let you know how it turns out.

Wolf Kiessling
12-12-2003, 7:02 PM
[QUOTE=Noah Alkinburgh]I just thought I would share a wonderful experience that I just had today with a supplier.

I had a very similar experience. I was questioning Barbara on WC one time re the Quick Dry Oil and she arranged to have the company send me a sample. As a matter of fact, they sent me a sample of the Quick Dry and the Velvit Oil. I was pretty impressed with the stuff and I ended up purchasing some of both (the natural). Nice people to deal with........

Wolf