PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist problem

David Wilson
03-05-2007, 8:55 AM
Good morning all. Over the weekend I posted a saw on craigslist. No problem. Later the same day I noticed a WTB on another city matching my for sale item. Sent a message to the looker and got this back.

(Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.cavemanweb.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

66.150.243.3 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 <unknown[64.21.234.195]>: Client host rejected: Reverse DNS lookup was unsuccessful
Giving up on 66.150.243.3.)

Tried e-mailing craigs list to see what's going on and got basicly the same reply.

Do any of you know what is going on?

John D. Thompson
03-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Good morning all. Over the weekend I posted a saw on craigslist. No problem. Later the same day I noticed a WTB on another city matching my for sale item. Sent a message to the looker and got this back.

(Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.cavemanweb.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

66.150.243.3 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 <unknown[64.21.234.195]>: Client host rejected: Reverse DNS lookup was unsuccessful
Giving up on 66.150.243.3.)

Tried e-mailing craigs list to see what's going on and got basicly the same reply.

Do any of you know what is going on?

Hi David,

I'm not a techie but, CL won't forward your ad to another ad's address. I don't know if that's what you tried to do.

Another possibility is that the seller entered their email incorrectly, so that the CL remailer comes up empty-handed.

Of course there's always the possibility that this is some sort of scam but, on the face of it , it seems unlikely to me.

You might try posting an ad on the board where you found the saw asking for the real poster to please step forward. If he posted the wrong return address then he can't have gotten any replies so, you'll have the inside track on the saw!

Good luck and be careful.

JT