PDA

View Full Version : bosch tools...........was pro bosch

Roddy Thibault
03-04-2007, 7:28 PM
just on friday I was using my new bosch jig saw 1590( i have own this tool for about 6 months and only used it 15-20 times on small cuts)
and the base fell off..........grrrrrrrrrr not happy
one of my drills for 16 months and the cluch broke....the drill is nfg now
I have the 14.4 impactor and the batterys life was very very short
but work great when the battery wasnt dead
had a bosch power box after month it stop working all together(return it for refund)
I have a Reciprocating Saw and it cant keep a blade in it
im in need of a new drill and impact and thinking of going with makita
Im so unhappy with bosch tools I guess im going to start buying makita's tools from now on.....
have any of you guys had bad luck like I did with bosch tools?
I think I should send bosch tools a letter on how I feel.
what would you guys do?

Mike Henderson
03-04-2007, 7:38 PM
I would send them a polite letter. Maybe you're having a string of bad luck. I own a couple of Bosch tools and have been very happy with them. The one time I had a problem, Bosch stepped up and addressed it quickly and efficently.

But also, my attitude when buying tools is not to have a "favorite" brand. I find that things change and the best tool today may not be the best tool tomorrow.

Mike

Per Swenson
03-04-2007, 8:40 PM
Yes,

I have had a problem with a Bosch tool or two.

And they have bent over backwards in their efforts

to remedy any problem. Fot that I give them a heck of alot of credit

and would not hesitate to purchase a bosh tool again.

As Mike said, drop them a polite note.

Per

David Wambolt
03-04-2007, 9:00 PM
I own countless Bosch tools and have been very pleased with their performance. As a matter of fact, Bosch recently took care of me regarding a rebate from last year at about this time that I never received. I emailed them about a month ago, and I did not have a copy of my rebate or a copy of the UPC. They ended up sending me the 1587 Jigsaw and it arrived the other day. How sweet was that?

I've never had a single Bosch tool fail on me yet. I use their table saw, 18V cordless tools, routers, planers, etc. I'm not saying you can't do better than Bosch, but some of their tools are excellent while others are 'pretty good'. The same holds true for most brands out there.

I would certainly contact them and give them a chance to make it right.

Steve Clardy
03-04-2007, 9:13 PM
1 bosch jigsaw
4 bosch cordless drills.

No problems. Very pleased with them

John C. Wilson
03-05-2007, 7:46 AM
Have been excellent. I have 4 sanders, the power plane, 2drills, 1battery drill ( I love it) , the sabre saw ( 10 years old ),a colt router that had problems but was replaced with a phone call, a hand power saw and probabley other tools if I get looking hard enough. My sister works for a Skill/ Bosch service center and she said as long as it's under warrenty and you have proof it's not a problem. Try 1-800- 346-4103, if that's not the right number ,I;m sure they can tell you where to call. I plan to get more tools from them when I need them........Good luck, John

Tim Brooks
03-05-2007, 7:47 AM
1 Bosch Router=1 dead Bosch Router after only a handful of uses. The jury is still out on whether I buy any more Bosch products.

Byron Trantham
03-05-2007, 7:56 AM
The only Bosch tool I own is their ROS. I have had it for quite awhile and really like it. I just replaced the pad this week. The old one stopped holding the hook and loop sand paper. When I got the new pad, it didn't "feel" any different than the old one so I attached a sanding disk and OH YEA it attached like it had epoxy on it! $18 fix.

Greg Deakins
03-05-2007, 8:01 AM
I had a heck of a time with my bosch jigsaw and keeping the base tight, and not beveling. It took a little while before I noticed the seemingly faulty adjustment design was actually quite strudy after I found the lock down lever to supplement the dial. As far as anything beyond my own ignorant mistake, the tool seems pretty solid, Ive been using it since early '05. I have one of their line os circulars too. That is my baby, as far as circulars go, it beats others Ive used, milwaukee, makita, crapsman, dewalt, it has them. I've been using it since about late '04. I suppose if they were malfunctioning on me I'd be pissed though.

Merle Clor
03-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I have a 14.4v drill that the clutch broke on after I dropped it 8 feet to a concrete floor so replaced it with the 18v model that has worked fine but I haven't dropped it either.

My ROS has seared off the bolt that holds the pad to the machine twice. I don't press down on it when I use it so I don't understand that. Like another response I had the pads fly off the original pad so replaced the pad and it works okay now. I think the Klingspor sanding sheets I got are too heavy for it in the lower grits.

My issue is that I don't live near a Bosch service center so getting replacement parts means buying off the internet and paying shipping.
Merle

glenn bradley
03-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Bosch Jig, sander and colt. Jigsaw foot came loose and wouldn't tighten with the lever. Got immediate service from the 'rapid repair' location. Turned out I hadn't understood the tension adjustment, tool was fine, operator needed to read the manual more carefully.

Jerry Olexa
03-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Call their customer sevice and explain. A letter would also work. I'm sure they will react/respond and try to make good your tools. I have a Bosch jig saw and it is by far one of best tools I've owned. Much better than any of its predecessors...Call em..