PDA

View Full Version : Help with 6" riser block

Lou Morrissette
03-04-2007, 5:37 PM
I asked around a while back if anybody had used a Grizzly H7316 band saw riser block on a Ridgid 14" band saw. Several people responded and said it was a good match. I purchased the kit from Grizzly and there was a problem. The shaft that attaches the blade guides and adjusts the cutting height on the Grizzly is .750 diameter. Unfortunately, the shaft on the Ridgid is .875 diameter. I called Grizzly tech reps and they said that was the only shaft that they provide.
Have any of you run into this situation? I figured I could have a bushing machined to accomodate the smaller Grizzly shaft or have a .875 shaft
machined. I'm open to any suggestions that will get me back into business. TIA

Lou

Andrew Benedetto
03-04-2007, 6:20 PM
You bought the wrong kit.
I did install the Grizz on a Ridgid BS1400. The correct kit goes on the "ultimate BS"G0580 which is a perfect and actually better than the Ridgid kit in that it has a rear metal blade guard. Return the kit for the correct one. I painted the block silver and used a rockler "T"knob and rocker arm pivot on the height adj,other than that it is an easy install, I measured mine it is .87.
PART#H3051 is the correct one.

Wes Bischel
03-04-2007, 7:10 PM
Lou,

I might have the part you need. I used a Ridgid riser on my no-name BS. The one I have is about 0.867" dia. and has a large V groove running the length. Even if it isn't the exact part, I bet it's close enough!;)

PM me your address, and I'll send it to you.

Wes

Lou Morrissette
03-04-2007, 9:39 PM
Thanks for the info , Andrew. So much for Grizz tech support. When I asked him if there was a shaft in the .875 range (.870 to be exact), he said no.

Wes, sent you a PM.

Lou