PDA

View Full Version : Kids miniature barn - afternoon project

Ron Crusee
03-04-2007, 1:37 PM
Just thought I'd share a pic of the miniature play barn I made for my daughter to go with her doll house.

Fun afternoon project. Baltic birch structure and floors. The roof and back walls are made from cherry that had gum pockets and numerous small checks. I.E. not furniture grade. Left the bandsaw resaw marks to give it a rustic look.

Thanks for looking.

John Michaels
03-04-2007, 4:18 PM
It's great how the side is so open, she can put miniature cows & hay inside.

Ron Crusee
03-04-2007, 5:12 PM
In action already-

I plan to scroll some horses pigs and cows for it but for now she's using some Noahs ark animals; that's why you see the elephant, camel, giraffe, etc. in the barn. :)

Corey Hallagan
03-04-2007, 5:39 PM
That's great Ron! Nice job.

Corey

Pete Brown
03-04-2007, 7:14 PM
In action already-

I plan to scroll some horses pigs and cows for it but for now she's using some Noahs ark animals; that's why you see the elephant, camel, giraffe, etc. in the barn. :)

Very nice! Did you build the doll house as well?

Making toys for your kids is great. If you have made any others, I'd love to see photos

Pete

Ron Fritz
03-04-2007, 9:17 PM
The barn came out nice Ron. I remember building one for my son as well. I had fun making it and he played with it for years. Ron

Charles McKinley
03-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi Ron,

Very nice Barn

How about some dimentions?

You know imatation is the sincerest form of flattery! ;)

Ron Crusee
03-09-2007, 1:23 PM
Very nice! Did you build the doll house as well?

Making toys for your kids is great. If you have made any others, I'd love to see photos

Pete
Thanks. No the doll house was a gift from another family member. I have made a few other items. Peter Pan sword, mallet, and a kids workbench (attached pictures).

Ron Crusee
03-09-2007, 1:43 PM
Hi Ron,

Very nice Barn

How about some dimentions?

You know imatation is the sincerest form of flattery! ;)

Thanks, dimensions:

18" long x 14 1/2" deep x 15" tall
8" to the top floor
Side barn door openings are 9 1/2" wide x 6 1/2" tall

Hope that helps

Ron

Jim Becker
03-09-2007, 1:49 PM
Very kewel, Ron!!! That's really a great idea and design, too. Next, you need to make her a miniature woodworking shop to accompany the house and barn...LOL :D :D :D :D