PDA

View Full Version : Someone May Have Got A Big Gloat

Paul Douglass
03-04-2007, 12:44 PM
: "Powermatic-Houdaille Model 66 table saw (Industrial) - $200"

This was on Craigslist in Portland, Ore. area this morning. I e-mail the guy as soon as I saw it to request a picture (I live about 300 miles from his location). I got the folling response:

"The number of hits I got on my saw were overwhelming and I think it will be gone in about a half hour, Someone is on the way. But, I have your information down just in case"

I hope who ever got it visits this forum and will post pictures. May have been the deal of a life time!! I knew it wouldn't last long enough for me to get it!

Ted Miller
03-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Paul did he have a pic. It must have needed some TLC...

Paul Douglass
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
He didn't send a picture because it was already sold. I'd sure like to have seen it! The ad stated it was in real good shape, 50" rails, and some other stuff. can't remember all, I figured he had made a mistake and left of a "0". It it had been posted with a picture and all looked good I would have been calling him as I got in my truck! :o

Paul Douglass
03-05-2007, 12:41 PM
This was posted on "another forum". This is the saw I missed. Sounds to me like a little work and a new motor and the guy will have a great saw!

"I stumbled upon a PM 66 this morning for $200, and after a victory lap through the Willamette Valley I took it apart and hauled it piece by piece into the garage. It's green metallic and has the racing stripe, thus I'm dating it in the 1970s.

The motor is a 3 HP, 3 phase Baldor, but it doesn't actually fit the saw. There's an extraneous mounting plate on the motor that jams into the cabinet at certain blade angles/heights. Plus, someone has written 'bad shaft' on the motor, so I'm not expecting much. It was at one time sold by Barbo here in town.

My plan is to clean it up part by part and put it back together. But I've never done that before. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could point me in a direction for methods for cleaning & repainting the parts, from the carriage & arbor assembly to the Powermatic paint colors."