PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious, what does everyone do with it.

Bill Wyko
03-03-2007, 6:59 PM
What do you do with the pieces you make? Do some of you make a living at this. I hate to part with the ones I make but the recipients have all been very happy. Does anyone have any tips on getting your work in a gallery? How about e-bay, anyone ever sell there?

Jim Ketron
03-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Find some local galleries in your area. Some only accept applicants a few times a year, they will send you a packet with instructions on how to get in. Most will have you to send slides/images of your work, then if you pass that part you have to send in pieces. this is for the larger galleries. smaller ones sometimes just look at your work first.
As far as selling I do some art/craft shows every year. If you can the art shows will be where the $ is at.
Unless you want to give your stuff away I would not Do the e-bay thing unless you put up a reserve price. Most people are looking for deals there!
JMO!
Jim

Jim Underwood
03-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I've been giving a lot of mine away as presents for special occasions.

This saves money and justifies my tool budget. :D

I wouldn't hesitate to sell stuff should the opportunity arise.. except the pieces the LOML claims, of course ...;)

Curt Fuller
03-03-2007, 10:54 PM
I give a lot of my stuff away. In fact, I've given so much to my neighbors that the close their blinds and act like they're not home if the see me heading their way. I get some good eye rolls from my kids when they come to visit too. The old "What's the old man gonna send us home with this time" look.

Kaptan J.W. Meek
03-04-2007, 1:01 PM
I've given most of mine away.. I gave a small walnut bowl with a lid to a young girl that came over with her parents to have dinner with us one night.. After dinner, she got up and did the dishes!! She was such a delightful young lady, I gave her that bowl, and her mother says she keeps her most cherished items in it.. I think I'm gonna make her a jewlery box this summer.. I get a lot of satisfaction out of giving pieces away... but Mr. Fullers situation, doesn't sound appealing.... I guess you have to keep it to a minimum..

Ken Fitzgerald
03-04-2007, 1:08 PM
My wife wants to know the answer to this question too......:confused: