PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used "wood turner Pro"?

Bill Wyko
03-03-2007, 4:31 PM
Has anyone ever used this program? I'm considering buying this program.

Ron Sardo
03-03-2007, 4:39 PM
Yup, it's worth it.

Bill Wyko
03-03-2007, 4:56 PM
Thanks, I'll be ordering it soon. It has more options than the program I have now.

Bernie Weishapl
03-03-2007, 5:03 PM
Bill is that program for segmented turning? Thanks.

Bill Boehme
03-03-2007, 9:44 PM
I saw it being demo'ed at SWAT and it is a slick and impressive program. The thing is .... I just have not quite gotten into the "seggie" thing yet -- brings back bad memories of jigsaw puzzles with a couple missing pieces. However, I do have great admiration for the fantastic segmented turnings that I have seen.

Bill

Keith Burns
03-03-2007, 9:54 PM
I tried it and didn't care for it. Found grid paper worked easier and better for me.

Robert Mickley
03-04-2007, 5:56 AM
check out the Segment project planner By Bill Kandler. Much nicer in my opinion and its cheaper.

http://www.verifiedsoftware.com/goodturns/software.htm

Bill's good guy to deal with . I lost my software key. I emailed him about and he had my key to me in less than a day

I have no association with this company other than being a satisfied customer.

I don't design on it I draw it out on graph paper. Then just punch in the ring diameters and let it make the cut list.

Ron Sardo
03-04-2007, 8:37 AM
Found grid paper worked easier and better for me.
When I turn, things don't always go as planned, sometimes I even make a change on purpose!

I have WoodturnerPro installed on an OLD PII laptop that I keep in the shop. If I need to make an adjustment I can do it, quickly and easily. Just punch in the numbers and I have my specs.

Randy Rhine
03-04-2007, 12:33 PM
They both have their strengths & weaknesses. And they both offer 30-day trials...so..easy enough try both & see which one you prefer.

rr