PDA

View Full Version : Noobies, Get a New ROS

glenn bradley
03-02-2007, 6:41 PM
Got a chance to use my new Bosch ROS on a couple sleds I'm making in preparation for my next project. What a difference! I am now totally jealous of you Festool owners. If a $60 Bosch is this much better than my $30 C-man, I can only imagine the Green Machine's performance.

I got the refurb'd 1295 from CPO Bosch along with a vacuum hose adapter. The pattern (or lack thereof) left by the sander is outstanding and the number of passes required to be 'done' are far less.

This is similar to my experience of getting my hands on a 'real' jigsaw. Wow!

Ooops! Almost forgot the pic police:

Corey Hallagan
03-02-2007, 6:47 PM
I will keep this in mind. I have a Dewalt and a PC... both have quite a bit of vibration and one no dust collection and the Dewalt is not able to be hooked up to shop vac. I know what you mean on the Real Jig Saw Glenn, I bought a Bosch 1591 Barrel Grip model after buying half a dozen 20.00 models over the last 20 years. Unbelievable the difference.

Corey

Bruce Page
03-03-2007, 7:05 PM
Yep, a lot of us have been through the Craftsman evolution. I used to buy 2-3 Cman sanders a year. One would crap out and I would go buy another. I thought that was how things worked. I finally wised up and bought a PC ROS. That was years ago and it's still sanding like new.

Craig Stueve
03-03-2007, 7:18 PM
Glen I have to agree with you on the quality of that sander. I was wondering what the model is of the vacuum hose adapter you got for it. That is on my must get list.

Craig

sascha gast
03-03-2007, 8:29 PM
I used to have a Dewalt, but finally upgraded and got 2 festool, the rotex 6" and the regular ROS 6".
I could kick myself for not getting them sooner