PDA

View Full Version : Spinning top from a CD

Randy Rhine
03-02-2007, 3:56 PM
If any one is interested in maing a simple top from a CD, I put some instructions out on my web site...

http://randyrhine.com/Techniques/CD_Top.htm

One could add some chatter work and coloring (i.e. the Bonnie Klein technique) and have a colorful little spinner.

randy

TYLER WOOD
03-02-2007, 4:16 PM
saweeeeettttt!!!! I like the idea. I have a couple of cd's I popped in the microwave that look would awesome (may not be recommended):eek: . The foil in it is broken up and color more vibrant. This would be a perfect use of them. THANKS!!!

Steve Schlumpf
03-02-2007, 4:30 PM
Thanks Randy - nice tutorial!

Jim Underwood
03-02-2007, 4:56 PM
So can you play that CD by spinning it?:D

Nice tutorial by the way!

Kurt Forbes
03-02-2007, 6:27 PM
pretty cool i was cleaning out the shop and ran across a box I got from my fathers house when he died. In the box were a few of my old wooden tops I used to play with in the very early 70's. I chucked up some wood I was saveing for bottle stoppers and turned a prety good looking rosewood top. i just need to find the right brass fittings to use for the tip and the center cap once i get them fitted I will post pics.

Clem Wixted
03-02-2007, 6:32 PM
So can you play that CD by spinning it?:D

...!

You might be able to use one of those little laser pointers and hold it just right. Holding your mouth in just the right way might also help :)

Nancy Laird
03-02-2007, 6:36 PM
Very interesting. I printed out your tutorial and may try one of these before long.

Thanks, Randy.

Nancy

Dennis Peacock
03-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Excellent display of creativity. I really like this idea. :cool: