View Full Version : Help choosing Shark Guard port size, and DC options

crandall bishops
03-02-2007, 3:17 PM
Hello,

After posting about the Shark Guard and other overarms, I am planning on getting the Shark Guard. Thanks for the help.

I now need help in regard to the best option of collecting dust with it.

I am using a 1hp Grizzly with a 1 micron bag (this is the small style sits under the table and collects everything into a bag. It is rated at 650 CFM.)

Currently, this is hooked up to the bottom of my PM64A (which is all enclosed, with a 4" port at the bottom center, under the table.)

Option 1: I could either split this to go to the bottom of the table as it is currently, AND to the top of the Shark Guard, with a large port on the SG.

Option 2: Or, I could leave the Grizzly as is, and hook my Fein vac (with internal bag and HEPA filter) to the SG, with the smaller port on the SG.

I would rather not have another machine on, making noise, if I can help it. I would like to gather and contain as much fine dust as possible. Which option is likely to gather more dust? Which option is likely to contain dust better?

I could get the large port, and if I want to use the vacuum, I could use an adaptor. If I got the small port and decided to use a 4" hose, does the small port negate bothering with a 4" hose?

I would also like to avoid using any adaptors and keeping things as simple as possible, so I am hoping your experience will indicate a clear "best" option.

Thanks again for your help