PDA

View Full Version : Thanks John H

Gordon Achterhof
03-02-2007, 1:35 PM
Got up about noon and there is this box on the back deck. Can't even move it. Had to get down on the floor to read who it was from. Now I have to wait until the neighbor gets home so I can bum his dolly and move it to the shop. Can't stand the wait........ Thanks again John.

Gordon

Kurt Rosenzweig
03-02-2007, 3:05 PM
Hey John! How are you shipping these large boxes and whats the cost? Seems like a great way to exchange wood. I'm not a big fan of the USPS flat rate boxes because of there size and dimension. It would be cool to ship a more turnable larger blank. Congrats on the score Gordon!

Keith Burns
03-02-2007, 3:23 PM
All I know is that John Hart is on my list !!:eek:

Bernie Weishapl
03-02-2007, 3:38 PM
Yep came home from work and had my 3rd box from John. This time it was all walnut. John cut me a couple of really curly like root burls 6 X 6 X 12 for HF's so I can try out the new Monster when it gets here next week. Thanks again John.

Corey Hallagan
03-02-2007, 6:44 PM
congrats Gordon!

Corey

Nancy Laird
03-02-2007, 6:47 PM
Kurt, John is shipping the boxes via UPS (cheapest rate - 7 days). Mine was $27.23 to ship a $25.00 box of blanks, but you are closer to John than I am, so your shipping won't be as much, I'm sure. They are sure pretty blanks, and will make some pretty stuff.

Nancy

John Hart
03-02-2007, 8:48 PM
My pleasure Gordon. At least you don't need a crane!:D Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.;)

Hey John! How are you shipping these large boxes and whats the cost? Seems like a great way to exchange wood. I'm not a big fan of the USPS flat rate boxes because of there size and dimension. It would be cool to ship a more turnable larger blank. Congrats on the score Gordon!

Kurt...my favorite way to ship is Fedex Ground. I have an account with them, so I get a discount for that. If it's shipped to a business, it's a little cheaper on top of that. From here to you would run about $18.50 for a 60 pound box and I usually get about 10 good sized blanks in there. Not too bad.....but I wish it was free!!:D

I like being on "the list";)