PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft March Madness Sale

Michael Gibbons
03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Sale tommorrow starting at 8 a.m. at participating stores. 15% off everything till' 10A.M. then goes to 10%. Leigh, Sawstop and Festool not included in sale. Be there or be square.

J. Greg Jones
03-02-2007, 1:27 PM
The day-long 10% discount applies to everything, excluding Leigh, Sawstop, Festool, and gift cards. The extra early-bird (before 10:00 AM) 5% does not apply to any power tools.

Jay Jolliffe
03-02-2007, 2:41 PM
Is this sale just for store bought or is it on line too ?

J. Greg Jones
03-02-2007, 3:12 PM
The WC Web site says the 10% is good at stores, catalog, and Internet.

Joe Kaufman
03-02-2007, 4:33 PM
Rockler has a similar offer in So. Calif, except - "No need for late-risers to scramble out of bed, this offer is good all day long!" The 15%, power tools are 10%.

The offer is for email subscribers, valid at retail stores only.

Joe

Larry Rasmussen
03-02-2007, 9:55 PM
What I found interesting in the North Seattle store was the 50% off on plywood Fri Sat Sun. If you can use smaller pieces they have a pretty good stash of baltic birch in. Largest piece is 24X30. No coupons or fuss, its just on sale.

Russ Cass
03-02-2007, 10:17 PM
The email that I received from Rocklers also stated that if you bring in the email,
you can take 25% off one regular priced item (excluding power tolls, Leigh jigs and gift cards) :cool:

Mike Langford
03-02-2007, 11:17 PM
[WARNING - RANT :mad: ] I have a problem with Woodcraft excluding gift cards from receiving any discounts! Now, I realize their reasoning being: They have your money already for the card (and in the bank) so why would they want to give you a discount? It's like they are "punishing" you for having a gift card. No other retail outlet where I'm at excludes you from receiving a discount or sale price with a gift card,not even the borgs.
WOW! I can go to Woodcraft's 10% - 15% sale tomorrow and watch everybody with cash enjoy all the savings!! No Thanks :mad:

Yes,I have cash but I also have a gift card and I don't think I should be restricted from the discounts because of it. My birthday is this month and I received a 10% OFF HAPPY BIRTHDAY special offer coupon....Yep! You guessed it - Excludes Gift Cards :mad:

So, I'll eventually use this lame,restricted,no discount,Woodcraft gift card and then tell everyone (family/friends) - "No more Woodcraft gift cards for me PLEASE.......just give me cash"

[End of RANT]

Jim Hill
03-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Mike,

I may be wrong, but I think what they are saying is that you can't BUY a gift card and get a discount off the face value of it. I think that if you already have a gift card you can use that card to buy whatever it is that you want. If the item you want isn't excluded from the sale, you get the discount off the price of the item, and then you can pay for it however you want. Once you have a gift card, it becomes a means of payment, just like a check, cash, credit or debit card. Just my interpretation.

Jim

Ted Miller
03-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Jim you are correct, the last sale WC had I used my gift card and I got the discount...

Mike Langford
03-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Mike,

I may be wrong, but I think what they are saying is that you can't BUY a gift card and get a discount off the face value of it. I think that if you already have a gift card you can use that card to buy whatever it is that you want. If the item you want isn't excluded from the sale, you get the discount off the price of the item, and then you can pay for it however you want. Once you have a gift card, it becomes a means of payment, just like a check, cash, credit or debit card. Just my interpretation.

Jim

Jim,
I see what you're saying and I agree that once you have a gift card, it becomes a means of payment, just like a check, cash, credit or debit card.

I could be wrong (Don't let my wife hear me say that!:eek: ) and I hope I am.(Whoa, did I just say that too?) It makes sense not to offer 10% off a gift card at the time of issue.

So I'll have to get up early tomorrow and call the Woodcraft store to clarify that statement before I drive 17 miles there!

I guess it is just the way the statement is worded that led me to make my "Redneck Rant" :cool:

Mike Heidrick
03-03-2007, 2:43 AM
Mike buddy, the verbage is so you do not try and BUY a giftcard and get a discount. You can use giftcards as payments all you want on these deals.

Paul Johnstone
03-03-2007, 10:50 AM
[WARNING - RANT :mad: ] I have a problem with Woodcraft excluding gift cards from receiving any discounts!

[End of RANT]

Calm down man, it just means you can't buy gift cards at 10% off.

They have to do this, otherwise someone would buy a 1000 gift card for 900 and then could use the gift card to get around the minimum pricing on Festool, etc.

feel better? :)

Tom McCann
03-03-2007, 2:57 PM
Anyone out there still ordering. I found it much cheaper to order through amazon if you can wait and all the shipping was free.

Thought you want to know ;)

Mike Langford
03-03-2007, 6:34 PM
I went to the Woodcraft sale today and yes I was able to use my gift card and get the 15% discount.
:o Sooooooo, I guess I'll have to RECANT MY RANT!;)

Hey! I do feel much better!........Thanks guys

Randal Stevenson
03-03-2007, 6:43 PM
Anyone out there still ordering. I found it much cheaper to order through amazon if you can wait and all the shipping was free.

Thought you want to know ;)

That would depend on the item. I've never caught my Fein on sale on Amazon (doesn't mean it hasn't been, just never when I was on), so today I picked up the Turbo II for $25 more then Amazon's Turbo one, AND I didn't have to wait for shipping. You have to shop around in everything.:D

Terry Kelly
03-03-2007, 8:39 PM
I don't know about your local Woodcraft...But the one I go to in Woodridge,Il. was a nut house I waited in line for almost an hour to pay. There were more people in there than I've ever seen before. I remember last year going to a 30% sale there and not seeing that many people. Even the demo days i hadn't seen that type of crowd. My buddy that went with me said he was talking to one of the associates and he said there hadn't been a rush like this in 2 years.

Michael Gibbons
03-04-2007, 7:57 PM
I hope they do this again next year. I'm glad i got there when I did. It was a motor city MADHOUSE:rolleyes: :D