PDA

View Full Version : Delta T2 Fence on Craftsman contractor saw??

James Carmichael
03-02-2007, 7:02 AM
I'm about to pull the trigger on an Emerson-built craftsman contractors saw on Craigslist.

I've searched all the threads regarding fence upgrades on these saws, and it looks like the Delta T2 from Lowes would be the least expensive, just wanted to see if anyone could confirm this will work.

Thanks!

Bill Kay
03-02-2007, 8:35 AM
Hi James, I installed one of the T2 fences on my old Craftsman saw. You'll probably have to drill a few holes but the install is not very complicated and the end result is great. Now I finally can get s square cut. Best 135 bucks I have spent in a long time. Regards

Joe Trotter
03-12-2007, 9:48 AM
Hi James, I installed one of the T2 fences on my old Craftsman saw. You'll probably have to drill a few holes but the install is not very complicated and the end result is great. Now I finally can get s square cut. Best 135 bucks I have spent in a long time. Regards

Where did you purchase a fence for $135?

I would like to hear more about the Delta T2.

Thanks, Joe

Phillip Thorne
03-12-2007, 10:14 AM
if you go to http://www.lowesmoving.com/ you can register for a 10% coupon. it took a couple of days for mine to get emailed to me but it worked like a charm. As far as the T2 fence goes, I just installed one on my old Cman saw and besides having to drill a whole or two and the tape on the rail being off by an inch, it goes just fine. Considering this is my first TS and the only other I've ever used was my dad's old Cman with a crappy fence I think it's an awesome upgrade!

scott spencer
03-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Where did you purchase a fence for $135?

I would like to hear more about the Delta T2.

Thanks, Joe

Amazon has it for < $127 shipped with the 20% promo code:
Items: $158.19
Shipping & Handling: $35.32
Super Saver Discount: -$35.32
20% Off: -$31.64
Total Before Tax: $126.55
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $126.55
You got free shipping!
http://www.amazon.com/Delta-36-T30-T-Square-Fence-System/dp/B000H0R1S2/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7753404-4803051?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1173708870&sr=8-1

Joe Trotter
03-12-2007, 1:42 PM
Thanks for those links. I may have to get the "plastic" out :)

Joe Trotter
03-22-2007, 9:42 AM
I finally got off the "Fence" so to speak and order one from Amazon.

What will I use that 15% off coupon from Lowes for now ? ;)
Going to Cheyenne tomorrow night to find out :)

Thanks guy's for the information......

Joe

Matt Day
03-22-2007, 12:10 PM
I just sold my T2 to a fellow who had an older Craftsman saw. He said he researched it and would have to tap a couple holes, which is not a big deal.

Tim Lynch
04-04-2007, 8:54 AM
I just received my T2 from Amazon for $127. Bolted it to my early 90's model Craftsman saw and it's like a dream come true. Why the heck did I wait so long?!!! :eek: I just recently put a 3HP/230V motor on this saw, which is a noticeable difference from the original 3/4 HP motor, needless to say. I got the motor for about $120, and I think these purchases together will keep me happy until I can afford a real saw.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the recommendations here! :D

Jim Heffner
04-04-2007, 10:42 AM
if you go to http://www.lowesmoving.com/ you can register for a 10% coupon. it took a couple of days for mine to get emailed to me but it worked like a charm. As far as the T2 fence goes, I just installed one on my old Cman saw and besides having to drill a whole or two and the tape on the rail being off by an inch, it goes just fine. Considering this is my first TS and the only other I've ever used was my dad's old Cman with a crappy fence I think it's an awesome upgrade!
Phillip, I also have the T-2 fence installed on my saw and found the tape was off about an inch when installed. It is easy to re-position it, I gently
lifted up one end of the tape and slowly peeled it off the tube, adjusted it where I needed it for a correct measurement( distance from blade to fence) and put the tape back down in that position and pressed it down
firmly and then checked the cursor for final adjustment and it was dead on right from there on out! Hope this helps....Jim

Tim Lynch
04-04-2007, 4:40 PM
I was afraid if I pulled the tape off, it would never be the same, so I just positioned the angle irons such that the zero spot lined up. Naturally, this put most of the holes in obstructed spots for drilling :mad: , but I was able to make it work.