PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop demo this weekend

Eric Wong
03-01-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't know if there are many Creeker's in Denver, but I just wanted to let you know that there is a SawStop demonstration at Woodcraft at 10am this Saturday. My wife and I are going to check it out.

Mike Heidrick
03-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Sawstop demo in Peoria IL as well on March 3rd at Woodcraft. Great demo.

Ken Waag
03-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Eric,

There will be one more Creeker in Denver soon. I'm moving back there from St. Louis this spring. I've owned a Sawstop for over a year. FWIW I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, and I think it's the best on the market. If you're thinking on it and don't have one come about June send me a message here. You'd be welcome to come and see/try mine. Oh also another reason I had to reply, I noticed you picture ans I also have a Golden. Greatest dogs in the world.

Ken

Eric Wong
03-01-2007, 11:33 PM
I'll look you up then!

Dan Owen
03-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Can anyone tell me the going rate for the SawStop. Is it pretty well fixed or can the price vary from location to location?

Thanks,
Dan

Eric Wong
03-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I think my local Woodcraft sells it for about $2800. Don't know if that is the same in other parts of the country.

Anthony Anderson
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
I think my local Woodcraft sells it for about $2800. Don't know if that is the same in other parts of the country.

Eric, is shipping charged on top of that price? Thanks, Bill

Dan Owen
03-01-2007, 11:57 PM
That sounds reasonable. I've been hearing around $4000.00. I just found out that Willow Creek Tools in Montana is now stocking them. About an hour drive from hear, but I thought I'd go take a look.

Mike Heidrick
03-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Current IL 3/1/07 pricing is:

$2799 for the saw
$200 if you want 5hp single phase (why not when spending this much money)
$369 for the 52" fence and $329 for 36" fence
$99 for the 52" table and $79 for 36" table
$375 shipping to IL Woodcraft (maybe more or less for your store)
$89 for a dado brake
$29 for a dado insert
$300 in IL tax or so
----------------
$4060 for 3hp and 52" table and dado setup
$4260 for 5hp and 52" table and dado setup
Subtract $60 total for 36" table setup

Check the website for all the pricing
Most dealers charge shipping and tax (some people may get lucky on this)
Price is the same across all dealers pretty much

Good luck

Eric Wong
03-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Eric, is shipping charged on top of that price? Thanks, Bill
I think shipping would be added on top of that. You would be much better off finding a local retailer like Woodcraft, or ToolKing. Follow this link and you can hopefully find a dealer where you are located.
http://sawstop.com/contact-dealer.htm

Eric Wong
03-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Current IL 3/1/07 pricing is:

$2799 for the saw
$200 if you want 5hp single phase (why not when spending this much money)
$369 for the 52" fence and $329 for 36" fence
$99 for the 52" table and $79 for 36" table

Good luck

Yikes! You mean the $2800 price tag doesn't include a fence?!?

Peter Melanson
03-02-2007, 1:10 PM
I know there will be over the Memorial day weekend at the WC in Colorado Springs. They just did one a few weeks ago as well after getting them in, this is where I bought mine.

Peter

Mike Heidrick
03-02-2007, 2:45 PM
Yikes! You mean the $2800 price tag doesn't include a fence?!?

Nope - no fence for $2800 and the extension table for the fence is priced seperate from the fence price.

Woodcraft's have been charging shipping and tax for the Sawstop around here.

Rod Sheridan
03-02-2007, 3:38 PM
I just saw the demo at the show in Toronto, very impressive. If I needed a new saw it would be the one.......Rod.

Chris Curry
03-03-2007, 12:20 AM
I just saw the demo at the show in Toronto, very impressive. If I needed a new saw it would be the one.......Rod.

Rod,
I saw it too - up close and personal. :eek: At the 1:30 demo the guy asked if anybody was interested in trying iy out. I jumped at the chance. :cool: He said 'don't be shy, push it in quickly.' Absolutely amazing! There was a nick but that was all. Before you could think, it was... Bang! What was that? The blade was gone! He let me away with the aluminum cartridge with the embedded blade. What a cool souvenir.:D :D :D
A lot of dough, but a great saw. In an aplication where liability and compensation are concerned, it's not a hard choice.

Chris ;)

Randall Frey
03-03-2007, 1:42 AM
There is also demo's of the saw this Saturday at the Sawdust Shop in Santa Clara Ca. OBTW, It's going to be almost 70 degrees tomorrow, maybe after the demo they will grill up the hot dogs they used to test the saw?

Richard Butler
03-03-2007, 6:59 AM
Rod,
I saw it too - up close and personal. :eek: At the 1:30 demo the guy asked if anybody was interested in trying iy out. I jumped at the chance. :cool: He said 'don't be shy, push it in quickly.' Absolutely amazing! There was a nick but that was all. Before you could think, it was... Bang! What was that? The blade was gone! He let me away with the aluminum cartridge with the embedded blade. What a cool souvenir.:D :D :D
A lot of dough, but a great saw. In an aplication where liability and compensation are concerned, it's not a hard choice.

Chris ;)

The saw stop takes care of that 18% of all accidents requiring a hospital visit. The other 82% is still up to you to prevent.

Tim Malyszko
03-03-2007, 9:27 AM
Rod,

Chris ;)

Just out of curiousity, was that your finger he had you stick in there or was it a hotdog? They could offer me a free sawstop with all the options and I still would not stick my finger in there.:eek:

Eric Wong
03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
The saw stop takes care of that 18% of all accidents requiring a hospital visit. The other 82% is still up to you to prevent.

Richard, can you please elaborate on that?

Ted Miller
03-04-2007, 12:27 PM
This was my 3rd demo and I think I go now just to see that blade stop and drop. I really like the machine and especially the hand wheels gas assisted. But I am a weirdo and I like big table tops, it just seems a bit small to me, but thats just my opinion...

Eric Wong
03-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Nope - no fence for $2800 and the extension table for the fence is priced seperate from the fence price.

Woodcraft's have been charging shipping and tax for the Sawstop around here.

OK, I'm a dumbass. After speaking with the manager of my local Woodraft, their price is $3600 with the following options: 3HP, 30" fence and table.

I watched the demo and it was much more impressive in person than on those videos! I like the other features of the saw too: heavier table castings, table is flatter than a PM66(!), dust shroud casting around the blade, quick change blade guard and riving knife, security master off switch (pad-lockable), largest table surface of any saw out there right now.

Randy Acton
03-04-2007, 2:11 PM
IMHO the saw is a great application for say....high school wood shops and other applications where liability is a problem, but for the average joe it is just not worth the extra money.

Don't get me wrong, it is a quality saw in it's own right without the added feature. I think that feature will be just another excuse for people to be lax in proper safety. Think about it, what is the first thing most people do with their table saws.....throw away the safety equipment.

If you have a properly equipped table saw and in most cases that requires the use of aftermarket guards, riving knives, fence and push blocks and you follow elementary safety rules your hands get nowhere near the balde anyway.