PDA

View Full Version : Cheap software

David Klug
12-10-2003, 10:51 AM
I found this site that has cheap software. While I love the prices they are so cheap that the make me nervous. Does anyone know anything about it? Have you ever ordered anything from them?

The site is http://oem-cd.biz/adv5/#.html. If anyone can shed some light on ordering from them, let me know how successful it was. TIA.

Dave

Don Abele
12-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Wow - XP for $39.95. Seems too good to be true, even with them selling OEM. I build a lot of computers and when I order basically enough pieces to build a complete unit, the companies I deal with sell me OEM versions of operating systems. But XP still costs me $75 that way, and I have to buy all the hardware. Says they are shipping from eastern europe. Hmmm...be curious to know if this is legit.

Be well,

Doc

Jim Becker
12-10-2003, 11:06 AM
In the worst case, it's a SCAM to get your money. In the best case, it's probably illegal copies for which you could be legally responsible. Run, don't walk away...

Brad Schafer
12-10-2003, 11:48 AM
In the worst case, it's a SCAM to get your money. In the best case, it's probably illegal copies for which you could be legally responsible. Run, don't walk away...

agree with mr. jim. extremely unlikely that this is remotely legit. network tracing indicates same.

no contact info, HTML fraught with typos, any location references (obvious or imbedded) are conspicuously absent - AND they ship from eastern europe? sure, i'd give 'em *my* credit card # ... NOT.

b

Aaron Koehl
12-11-2003, 9:29 AM
agree with mr. jim. extremely unlikely that this is remotely legit. network tracing indicates same.

no contact info, HTML fraught with typos, any location references (obvious or imbedded) are conspicuously absent - AND they ship from eastern europe? sure, i'd give 'em *my* credit card # ... NOT.

b

Gotta love this line:
"All the software is OEM- Meaning that you don't get the box and the manual with your software. All you will receive is the actual software and your unique registration code."

or better..
"No tech support is given by the manufacturer. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Question’s Section for more information. Note that we are not selling any trial, incomplete or academic version of software – it is original and fully functional." --- Translation: "PLEASE DON'T CALL THE MANUFACTURER!!" :)

$5600 AutoCAD for $99.95.. yeah okay.

And what is this? I've never heard of Windows XP Pro 2002! (Pro, yes, but not 2002)

It's amazing how you can sell something when you've stolen it for almost free. :eek:

_Aaron_

Bruce Page
12-11-2003, 5:45 PM
Can you say...SCAM?

$5600 for LT? A legit copy of AutoCAD LT 2004 will run you about $650.

Charles McKinley
12-11-2003, 9:55 PM
Hi All,

When I was in the Peace corps in Paraguay (a piracy haven) the cheap software they would sell would be loaded with viruses and trojan horses that gave control of your machine to them.

Not to mention the fines associated with pirating software.

Bob Oswin
12-12-2003, 9:35 AM
Hi All,

When I was in the Peace corps in Paraguay (a piracy haven) the cheap software they would sell would be loaded with viruses and trojan horses that gave control of your machine to them.

Not to mention the fines associated with pirating software.

Must be were Bill Gates is getting his stuff!
:D

bob