PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Air Assist Hook-Up

Ed Maloney
03-01-2007, 2:06 PM
The laser is all fired up and I've been making some test runs. Before I start cutting I want to attach the air assist. A simple air hose with no couplings was supplied with the laser. To attach to the laser you just simply push the hose into the air port, no coupling on that side. It's the connection on the compressor (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93657 (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=93657)) I have a question about.

The hose that came with the compressor is too thick to be docked into the air port on the laser, so I need some way to hook-up the hose that came with the laser to the compressor. The compressor didn't come with other screw on type of couplers. I looked on Harbor Freight to see if they have those, but don't. Am I overlooking a simple solution and just shove the end of the hose into the fitting on the compressor? How did other Epilog owners do this? Thanks!

Scott Shepherd
03-01-2007, 2:16 PM
Ours had a fitting on the compressor. Should be able to pick up on at Lowes or any other place like that if you can't find one. It's a fairly common fitting.

Dave Jones
03-01-2007, 3:32 PM
My harbor Freight compressor came with a coiled hose that was the right size for me to simply cut one end off of it and shove it into the coupler on the back of the Epilog.

Check with Home Depot, Lowes, or a car parts store for various fittings, hoses, and couplers. Maybe also a welding supply store or some other place that carries hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.

Roy Brewer
03-03-2007, 2:04 AM
How did other Epilog owners do this? Ed,

I've attached a shot of the part I recommend. Standard air fitting on one side and the other has the "compression" fitting that will accept the hose sent with your Epilog.

***Oops**** I couldn't figure out how to attach a pic, the part is made by WATTS and part number is PL-3005 (PB1068, Polypro NPTF fitting 1/4" x 1/4")

Rob Bosworth
03-03-2007, 3:41 PM
Ed, if you have a fastenal near you, they carry the compression fittings. I believe they are 14 " dia. plastic tubing and my pump uses a 1/4" NPT male fitting. Just push the tubing into the fitting and it should seat. Then to remove the tubing, push in the little plastic collar and the tubing in a little bit, and it will come right out.

Good luck.