PDA

View Full Version : troubles adjusting Nobex Champion Mitre saw

Chuck Schwab
03-01-2007, 1:41 PM
I bought a Nobex Champion Mitre saw and although this saw is wonderful, I've been having problems adjusting it to be completely straight up and down. The metal rods (4 of them) that it rides on have a slight tilt and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get them perfectly vertical. If anyone has dealt with this issue and might have some thoughts on it, I'd appreciate your input.

Doug Shepard
03-01-2007, 2:11 PM
I dunno, but now you've got me wondering how straight mine are. The only quirk I've noticed is a tendency for those little stop levers holder to jam on the rods if you dont keep the blade fairly level.

Jim Belair
03-02-2007, 10:44 AM
I just checked mine and they are perfectly square to the table. Could there be a burr in the hole the rods fit into? I don't know or any "adjustment" here, the rods just go in the hole and are secured by the setscrew. Are the rods straight, i.e., not bent? Is the mitre bracket (the one with the 4 holes that the rods drop into) loose? I'd be exchanging for another if I couldn't find the problem.

This is a great saw. Bang on crosscuts and mitres without the wail and dust of power tools!

Jim

Chuck Schwab
03-02-2007, 1:52 PM
Haven't noticed any burrs or anything of the sort in the holes. I know the rods are straight and there is no bend in them. I wonder if the setscrew is pushing the rods out of square or if I might be overtightening it. I really don't think so.

I might have to see if I can wrap the bottom of the rod in paper or some other material to keep it snug in the hole. It's not off by much and maybe I'm being too nit-picky about it. But it's enough for me to notice.

I went powerless because the mitre saw I originally had, had a lot of accuracy problems to me so maybe I'm just a pain in wanting total 90 degree accuracy.