PDA

View Full Version : Question about 3520B and dust port

Jay Drew
02-28-2007, 8:23 PM
Well it looks like this forum is being overrun by new mustard owners. I just got my 3520B assembled and I have a question on the dust port option that attaches to the banjo. Do any of you 3520B owners use this? After I put it on it doesn't look like there is much room left for a bowl blank because there isn't much distance between it and the tool rest even when it is all the way to the back of the banjo. Is this dust port just for spindle work?

Thanks for your help,
JD

Mark Pruitt
02-28-2007, 9:20 PM
The dust port is indeed primarily for spindle work according to the video I received with my 3520B. I did not purchase one for mine; I already have another method for DC.

Jay Drew
02-28-2007, 9:46 PM
Thanks Mark. I guess I should have watched the DVD first but that is kind of hard to do when you have a big lathe begging to be assembled in your garage. :D I guess I can spend some time warming up and watch the DVD now.

Jim Stoppleworth
03-01-2007, 7:52 AM
not because Mustard wasn't begging to be put together and used but because son couldn't get here the first day it was here to help me put it together. And for the first time in 65 years I also read the manual first. Discovered there actually are valid reasons to do that.:D :D

Jim

Mustard since 1/15/07

Chris Jenkins
03-02-2007, 3:24 PM
Jay, I have a "B" and a JET DC1200 with 6" flex tubing. I took a small spring clamp and clamped the flex hose to the support casted underneath the bed. See Pic below (Clamp from top side while flex hose is fed from underneath)

Kurt Rosenzweig
03-02-2007, 6:35 PM
You guys got a DVD!!!!:eek: Man! I was gypped!