PDA

View Full Version : Inca Jointer/Planer

Bob Ivy
02-27-2007, 9:57 PM
I have an older Inca Jointer/Planer, pre-Tersa, and would like to know if anyone knows where I could possibly get one to replace the existing. Thanx for your help.
Regards,
Bob

Jamie Buxton
02-28-2007, 12:01 AM
As you know, they're no longer produced. So you have to watch want ads, craigslist, and ebay. As a matter of fact, there's one on ebay right now, and one on craigslist for the SF Bay area.

Neil Clemmons
02-28-2007, 12:19 AM
There is an Inca discussion forum on Yahoo Groups.

You can go to groups.yahoo.com and search for Inca and find the group. They may be able to help you in your search.

Just curious why you want to get rid of the non-Tersa unit? I have one and still find it works great.

Good luck -

Neil

Frankie Hunt
02-28-2007, 9:27 AM
The one on ebay ( search for item 170084143293 ) is parts only as it is missing the motor, beds, etc...

The Inca is a quality machine for sure. I have the a pre-tersa unit, I like it a lot.

I dont see why a similar product isnt made available to the US market. Dewalt makes a similar machine but is not sold in the US. Rikon makes one but it is not widely available or marketed. Of course the Inca was in a different price/quality bracket.

Bob, where are you located? Here is a link to the Rikon http://www.toolcenter.com/rikon/25-010-Rikon_planer_jointer.htm

Hank Knight
02-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Bob,

I read recently that a European company had bought Inca's tooling, designs, etc. and plans to begin manufacturing Inca machines - may have already begun. I seem to recall that the machines will be to be available next year. Not sure of the details, but you might want to do some research. Maybe you can but a new machine in the not-too-distant future.

I have an Inca jointer-planer with the Tersa head. I love it.

Hank