PDA

View Full Version : Plastics Supplier

Carl Eyman
02-27-2007, 12:19 PM
A few years ago when I was building machinery I had a plastics supplier in Texas that would sell you what you needed in plastics - NOT insist you took a 20 foot length - for instance. I need to buy some heavy wall nylon tubing. Does anybody know a good place?

Dave Anderson NH
02-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Happy Birthday Carl. I would go for either the McMaster-Carr Catalog or MSC Industrial Supply. No minimum order.

www.mcmaster.com (http://www.mcmaster.com)

www.mscdirect.com

David G Baker
02-27-2007, 3:09 PM
Carl,
You might give Ebay a try. I have found several good metal suppliers on line so plastic suppliers may be there as well.
A company called Industrial Plastic that I dealt with when I was processing motion picture film was a good supplier but haven't ordered from them in years. Tap plastics was a retail outlet that had a good supply of plastic related items.
Like Dave posted the McMaster and MSC will also have what you need. They will mail you a catalog if you request one, if you do, make sure your floor joists are up to code because their catalogs weigh a ton.
David B

Russ Filtz
02-28-2007, 7:18 AM
usplastics.com. I have ordered several times from them, nice selection of all sorts of things. I got sheets, so not sure about tubes.