PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt DW7350 Planer Stand

Rick Moyer
02-27-2007, 7:57 AM
For those of you who have this stand, did you mount the pedal outboard or inboard? I didn't receive this yet but the pic shows the pedal inboard, but others have also mounted it outboard (I have read). It would seem to be easier to use outboard, but more likely in the way there too.
Thank you for your responses.

Jesse Espe
02-27-2007, 8:19 AM
Rick, I installed mine inboard for space considerations. I don't move the stand much, so operating the pedal doesn't bother me much. I just didn't feel like tripping on it every time I walk by.

Cheers,
Jesse

Dave Sweeney
02-27-2007, 9:07 AM
I mounted mine inboard but the directions say you can mount it either way. I will say that mounting it inboard does make it much more of a hassle when you want to move the stand around. My shop is small but if I had the room I'd mount mine outboard just for the convenience.

Rick Moyer
02-28-2007, 7:47 AM
Rick, I installed mine inboard for space considerations. I don't move the stand much, so operating the pedal doesn't bother me much. I just didn't feel like tripping on it every time I walk by.

Cheers,
Jesse

How much of a pain is it to operate inbound? I don't expect to move it all the time but also have a small shop and don't want to be tripping over it. Is it easier to push the pedal from the front or from the side mounted inbound?
Thanks,
Rick
edit: that last question may be confusing. I meant to say if it is mounted inbound, is it easier to operate it from the front or from the side?

Benjimin Young
02-28-2007, 8:47 AM
I mounted mine outboard because:
- I was concerned the inboard mounting might be a little awkward
- I move my unit a lot
- I had planned to build some enclosed storage, but nothing so far.

Ralph Tyson
02-28-2007, 11:34 AM
I mounted mine inboard. Its slightly awkward to operate but nothing you can't adjust to, and you avoid a tripping hazard.

Rick Moyer
03-01-2007, 9:23 AM
Well we have three inboard vs. one outboard. Anyone else wanna weigh in here before I assemble it? I'm leaning inboard just to keep me from scraping my leg/ankles.