PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable 892DT Router & 4212 12" Deluxe Dovetail Jig $145 NET!

Jeffrey Schronce
02-26-2007, 8:10 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-892DT-Router-Combo/dp/B000HGN6XU/sr=11-1/qid=1172538390/ref=sr_11_1/002-2704846-0142401

$219.99 - $50 PC Rebate - $25 off future purchase certificate = $145 Net

$50 Rebate :

http://media.ptg-online.com/20070201121638_PCB-0893_Router+Jig$50RebateForm.pdf

Jim Dunn
02-26-2007, 9:08 PM
Jeffery I think you math is off? I'm showing 259 before the rebate. Then you get 25 off future purchase is 184 right? Just asking.

Matt Guyrd
02-26-2007, 10:18 PM
It was $219 earlier...looks like Amazon bumped it back up. Nice score if you got one!

Matt

Mike Heaney
02-27-2007, 3:55 PM
and up it goes- now showing at $288!!!

I ordered mine last Friday at $249- it arrived yesterday. I actually HAD to buy a new router for my table (dead Craftsman), and the Triton was backordered until late March, I tried the Freud 1700 and had some quality issues, so returned it and bought this combo instead. I wasn't really in the market for a dovetail jig, but I figured with my $50 rebate and my $25 voucher, it was a great deal at $175 all in.

Interestingly, I normally try and buy tools locally- I spoke to my local PC dealer about this combo and he said he cannot get it- thinks it is an Amazon special. It did arrive in a combo box with 892DT printed on the box and the usual PC pictures and graphics, so its obviously put together as a pack by PC and not Amazon- funny that they would not offer it to all their suppliers. The advice from my local PC dealer- go ahead and get it from Amazon, its a great price, and I know you will come and get all your accessories from me anyway!

off to try my hand at a few dovetails right now!

regards

Mike

rodney mitchell
02-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Hey Mike, if you email amazon they will credit you the difference in what you paid and the 219 price. Also, there is a site called flamingoworld.com that will keep track of all your amazon purchases and notify you of any price drop within 30 days so you can get your credit.

Rodney

Mike Heaney
02-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Rodney,

I wondered about that, but thought that since they only dropped the price for a few hours it might not count- but your note reminded me that if I never ask, I'll never know- so I'm off to do that now!

thanks

Mike
ps. I know there are no pictures, but I did make a lot of sawdust (routerdust?) last night and within an hour from scratch had a nice tight half blind dovetail. I confess I had downloaded the manual (and the advanced manual) in advance, and had read both all the way through before I started- makes my wife laugh. But so far, I'm impressed with how easy it was to set up and make good joints. Hopefully will try the through jig tonight- with pics I promise.

rodney mitchell
02-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Mike, even if they lower it for a short time, they will give you credit within 30 days if you email them.

Rodney

Mike Heaney
03-01-2007, 5:05 PM
Interesting conversation with Amazon today,

i called them to try and get my bill reduced to the $219.99 price and they say that they never sold at that price and that it must have been an Amazon partner price- which they do not offer to match. I pointed out that the Frozenwarrior.com site shows the lower price for a period earlier this week- they checked again and said that they did not sell at that price. If anyone out there did purchase this combo at the $219.99 price I would appreciate it if you could let me know if you bought it from Amazon or one of their partners- that way, I will know if I have justification on pushing this one further!

thanks for your help

Mike

Rob Diz
03-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Interesting conversation with Amazon today,

i called them to try and get my bill reduced to the $219.99 price and they say that they never sold at that price and that it must have been an Amazon partner price- which they do not offer to match. I pointed out that the Frozenwarrior.com site shows the lower price for a period earlier this week- they checked again and said that they did not sell at that price. If anyone out there did purchase this combo at the $219.99 price I would appreciate it if you could let me know if you bought it from Amazon or one of their partners- that way, I will know if I have justification on pushing this one further!

thanks for your help

Mike

Mike - I got the deal, and it was sold by Amazon.com

Package should arrive tomorrow:rolleyes: Looks like I'll be making some drawers this weekend.:D

Items Ordered Price 1 of: Porter Cable 892DT Router Combo Pack - 4212 12" Deluxe Dovetail Jig w/892 - 2 1/4 HP Router (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HGN6XU/102-3820768-8620151) [Tools & Hardware] $219.99
Sold by: Amazon.com - 1 item(s) Gift options: None

Item(s) Subtotal:$219.99Shipping & Handling:$27.41Super Saver Discount: $-27.41 -----Total Before Tax:$219.99 -----Total for this Shipment:$219.99

Mike Heaney
03-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Rob,

Thanks- just what I needed to know- I will be off for a second assault on the empire in the morning- I'll let you know how I get on.

By the way- I'm very happy with both items so far- hope you will be too

regards

Mike

Mike Heaney
03-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Thankyou to all for your help- I called Amazon again this morning, and a very helpful person immediately agreed to refund me the $30 difference. So, I am in the category of $219.99, less $50 rebate from PC, less $25 Amazon gift- which makes $145 for this router and dovetail jig package- I think that's cause for celebration

Just a fyi- I became a contributor to SMC this week- and the help here means that I am already $5 ahead in terms of savings versus my SMC contribution- over the course of the year, I think I'll track other savings I make through help from members and aim to tithe a portion to the Creek- seems only fair- since its this forum that is helping me in so many ways

happy dovetailing all!

Mike