PDA

View Full Version : Beer Lovers Only

Glenn Clabo
02-26-2007, 5:15 PM
Okay...so I love beer. I'm one of those who treats beer like some treat wine...

Dr.LOML surprised me a few days ago with 4 glasses. The first thing that came to mind is...wow...how cool. She's the wine snob who has different glasses for different wines...I like my old thick mug from the freezer...but she understands about the beer thing. Then...being the good husband...I say thanks soooo much...thinking...gimmick!

Well I tell ya... It ain't no gimmick. I actually works! And it works as advertised.

If you drink good beer from good glasses...try it...I would NOT steer ya wrong.
http://www.samueladams.com/promotions.aspx
I have NO connection to SA...just like some of their beer.

http://www.samueladams.com/Promotions/glassware/images/default_r1_c1.jpg

Mike Cutler
02-26-2007, 6:28 PM
Do they work with Guiness and hold an "American Pint"(14.5oz)?
Nice looking glasses at any rate.

Travis Hirst
02-26-2007, 6:57 PM
I'ts true, different kinds of beer need to breathe just like different wines. Pilsners have thier own glasses all the way up to the barley wines which is still clasified a beer not a wine. Even guinness has a glass to call it's own that it should be poured into. Interesting stuff really if you do a search.

Travis

Jim Dunn
02-26-2007, 6:58 PM
Am I looking at this glass thru "Beer Goggles?:)

Sweet wife there Glenn. I don't drink anymore but can appreciate a nice gift.

John Shuk
02-26-2007, 8:50 PM
I'm more like a person who treats beer like the leader of their favorite cult.
Not really but I like a cold one. That looks really cool. I'm told that in Germany and Austria there are places where they would rather throw the local beer away than drink it out of the wrong glass. I may have to try this.

John Miliunas
02-26-2007, 8:51 PM
Well I'll be...Who'd a thunk? :confused: I really drink very, very little beer (or any alcohol) anymore but, when I do have a glass, I really cherish it. Hmmm...Maybe I should look into getting a couple of those high-tech glasses for those occasions! :) Congrats on the nice gift, Glenn! :) :cool:

Joe Petersen
02-26-2007, 9:42 PM
I like Beer. I like from a glass too but never realised the style mattered. Guess it makes sense. Wine needs one.

Frank Conway
02-26-2007, 10:07 PM
If you love beer, try brewing your own someday. Its a bit of work, but makes you appreciate everything about it. LOML got me a brewing kit a couple years ago and its great. Then came home coffee roasting. Next is a still (but that is a secret).

Travis Hirst
02-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I'll second what Frank said. Nothing like spending the day smelling boiling barley/and hops. If you do full grain or even half grain, the barley after the boil is really really good. Very sweet with all the sugars released during the boil.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I think I need to go brew some beer!!:)

Glenn Clabo
02-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Agree...I've made many a batch. A few of us used to get together a couple times a year and build a few batches. Some good stuff. Lately however with my buds retiring and moving to NH and Fla...and my workload...I'm searching and buying only.

Jason Roehl
02-27-2007, 6:51 PM
I guess those glasses will have to go on the b-day or Christmas list. I wish I had more time to brew beer again, it's been a while, but every batch I made was quite well received, if not by my friends and family, then by MY tummy!!

Jim Becker
02-27-2007, 7:04 PM
Jason, wasn't that you that brought some home-brew to 5 barns a few years ago?

Jason Roehl
02-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Guilty as charged, Jim! That would have been a porter that I brought, but I don't recall which recipe. Definitely the best of what I've brewed (I may be a wee-bit partial to the dark beers...)

Dan Mages
03-01-2007, 9:40 PM
My local beer store has been going through them like crazy. Hopefully I will get lucky this weekend with them.

Dan

Carson Saunders
03-01-2007, 9:55 PM
Good to see some other fellow brewers on the board here. I do have to say, my homebrewing hobby and my woodworking hobby share the same space, so the dust can really be problematic. Guess that means I just need to build a brewery! :D

Randy Acton
03-04-2007, 2:24 PM
The worlds best equation

"Beer + anything = good"
Homer J. Simpson