PDA

View Full Version : Wide Belt Sander

Jay B. Vu
02-26-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm in the market for a wide belt sander but am under a budget. I've browse through hundreds of webpage and stumbled upon this website and decided to ask for some help.

Does anyone know a place that sell used wide belt sander for a under $6000? Preferably 25" and above. Also be able to use in asian countries.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post.

Al Killian
02-26-2007, 1:42 PM
Jay, First welcome to the creek. You can try grizzly.

Bill Simmeth
02-26-2007, 2:05 PM
Don't know about the "use in asian countries" thing, but there has been a recent rash of 25" wide belts on ePay. A nice Timesavers 25" just sold for under $1500.

frank shic
02-26-2007, 2:19 PM
exfactory.com is also another possibility although you'll have to deal with shipping and you should probably inspect the item before you buy it. there's a 36" 3 phase speedsander by timesavers going for $5500 right now.

Scott Goldby
02-26-2007, 7:11 PM
Look at the woodmaster sanders. I just bought one and love it. If you have $6K you probably could get a 50 inch. I have the 3875 model. Plus, they have great customer support.

Jay B. Vu
02-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Al Killian: I've looked at Grizzly, they do not ship internationally, addition to that, they it seems that they only sell new units. It is out of my price range.

Bill Simmeth: ePay? I've looked it up and it has nothing to do with what i'm looking for. maybe ePay=eBay??:)

frank shic: Thanks for the website, anymore like this?

Scott Goldby: Seems like they only sell drum sanders, I'm looking for wide belt, thanks though.

Thanks you all for you inputs, still trying to find the perfect unit :(

lou sansone
02-27-2007, 4:59 AM
hi jay
a couple of questions for you
1. what do you mean asian countries ? 400 volts and 50 hertz + 3 phase ? What are the electrical parameters ?

2. I am assuming a single head?

3. Contact rollar or platen style ?

4. Width and lenght of belt

5. Conveyor laydown length ?

You will be able to fine a used machine at auction, but anything decent will need a little work.

lou

Jay B. Vu
02-27-2007, 6:52 PM
lou sansone:

1) 400 volts and 50 hertz + 3 phase, sorry if it wasn't clear, but yes. this is exactly what I needed.

2) Double Head

3) From what i've read, platen is more efficient but i'm wondering about the diffence in price. How much more would one have to pay for a wide belt with platen?

4) I'm looking to buy 2 units. If the price is right I would like to get a 37"W and a 51"W, I'm not sure about the height since each brand has their own size.

5) Same with above #4, each brand had their own size so I don't have an ideal size that I prefer.

I've looked at ebay/irsauctions, not many selections so i've somewhat given up on those.

The search continues.:)