PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions

Steve McKee
02-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Our Church has asked us to come up with some ideas for something that we could use to engrave the Church logo on for them to hand out to all the people who volunteer during the year. They will need around 100 and want to keep it as inexpensive as possible. Thought of keychains but am blank after that. Anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Belinda Barfield
02-26-2007, 10:22 AM
How about engraved wooden or acrylic crosses or plaques. Do you have anyone in your church who might own or work for companies with these products. I find many times you can "pick up" scrap acrylic from local sources - especially if you mention it is for your church. If all else fails you may find a local printer willing to donate some interesting paper for etched certificates. I'll keep thinking on this one.

Mike Null
02-26-2007, 10:39 AM
How about book marks of 1/32" engraving plastic.

Rodne Gold
02-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Bible stand (can make it flatpack)

Religious holiday Calendar/saints/minor hols etc.

Elegant car stick on/suck on sign for inside back window with some religious message

Personalised badge

Religious shape candle on a lasered base

Laser cut praying hands with a message/logo etched , slot unto each other and are free standing.

A lasered pic of the church on 3mm acrylic slotting in a base that says "thank you and some other soppy stuff"
A nice simple message like " The XYZ church thanks you for your unstinting generosity and your spirit of community.." is more than enough.

An oversize coin with the logo and something like "The currency of the good" and something like "1 heavenly credit"

Even better is this:

Do not give ppl ANYTHING and blow the budget on a donor board type thing. The volunteers will be uberchuffed to see their names up there and they will be there forever...Eternal "fame"
Prolly doesnt go with the concept of anonimity but it will work.
It can be done elegantly without being percieved as a vulgar display of overt do gooding.

Bruce Volden
02-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Go buy some "scrap" leather to use as book marks! I did this when our building moved to another site. People gobbled them up! I engraved our logo and the date of the first service, I still see them used in marking the pages of the bible we're studying that day. Of course leather STINKS whilst engraving!

Bruce

Luke Phillips
02-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Steve - what is the budget range? I found a nice hardwood bible case that has room for logo. You probably could get a decent volume discount on these.

Allan Wright
02-26-2007, 1:12 PM
Why not cut out bookmarks from thin ply veneer? You could put the church's name or person's name and an appropriate design, probably a cross?

Material costs would be minimal, and what bible reader doesn't need a nice bookmark?

Steve McKee
02-26-2007, 2:02 PM
I knew there would be lots of ideas I had not come up with.

Luke, while I thought they were looking to keep it fairly inexpensive they now say under $15.00. I like that box, where did you find it? Probably outside this price range but maybe for something in the future.

Stev

Luke Phillips
02-26-2007, 2:47 PM
I knew there would be lots of ideas I had not come up with.

Luke, while I thought they were looking to keep it fairly inexpensive they now say under $15.00. I like that box, where did you find it? Probably outside this price range but maybe for something in the future.

Stev

Steve - box retails for $9.99 but if you order 50+ you could get them down to maybe $7.00 ea ?? http://www.collectionsetc.com/Item73041.aspx

Give the Customer Service number a call to see about a discount.

Steve McKee
02-26-2007, 3:47 PM
Thanks Luke, called and they give no discounts, not even for 100 of them. May still be a possibility though.

Steve

Luke Phillips
02-26-2007, 4:01 PM
Sorry - guess they have a tight bottom line :( - but, not a bad price for a finished box - could be an easy job overall?

Bill Cunningham
02-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Go to a dollar store, buy clear glass plates, and reverse engrave a photograph of the church along with the date on the back .. It then becomes a low cost, high value, item.. Lots of people collect plates..

Leigh Costello
03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I am currently engraving cutting boards with our church engraved on one side, leaving the other side for use. I found bamboo cutting boards at Dollar General around $2.00 each. Good luck!

Bill Cunningham
03-01-2007, 9:35 PM
I am currently engraving cutting boards with our church engraved on one side, leaving the other side for use. I found bamboo cutting boards at Dollar General around $2.00 each. Good luck!

Does bamboo engrave with a nice contrasting colour?
I found this board for a buck. My daughter and her husband just bought a small farm, and the previous owner left them a photo of it taken from the air in the 60's so I used it to engrave a cutting board wall hanger for them

Dennis Perry
03-01-2007, 9:41 PM
Hi Bill, Looks great, what size is it must be some very large bamboo or a fairly small cutting board, almost looks like oak. Anyway looks good.

Dennis

Bill Cunningham
03-06-2007, 9:45 PM
Actually I have no idea what kind of wood it is..
It's not bamboo, it's more like maple.. It's probably from China, and it cost me a buck.. :D The first time I did it, it did not look like much, so I sanded it down again, re-processed the pic in photograv, highlighted some outlines, and re-did it.. This time it was acceptable.. There are also about 4 coats of lacquer on it..
Size wise, it's about 9" x 12"