PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments......

Dennis Peacock
02-26-2007, 9:33 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Not much to report on. I hope everyone had a great weekend and I pray that many survived the severe storms that passed through many places this weekend.

No shop time, in fact, we will be headed home shortly. My last remaining grandmother passed away and the funeral was Saturday. The family and I paid our respects to this very wondeful woman who lost her husband to a heartattack at the age of 41 and raised 3 kids and worked fulltime to support her kids. She remained single and alone untile she passed away at the age of 92. Clare Grace Peacock is now at rest.

We will be travelling back today and life will try and resume normal function.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
02-26-2007, 9:36 AM
I was saddened to learn about your loss, Dennis.

I had limited shop time this weekend, but did make a lot of progress on my hall table project (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=52214&page=2).

Dan Gill
02-26-2007, 9:54 AM
Dennis, my condolences for your loss. She sounds like she was a great lady. Still is, if I understand things right!

I didn't do much but some planning and some clean-up. I did make a basketball holder for my son. I'll do a couple more of these as I get time. I'll post a picture if I can get my camera to work.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandmother's death Dennis.

Spent most of the weekend reloading software and getting this computer working again. Last night I did my income taxes. No shop time.

Jon Shively
02-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Dennis sorry to hear of your family's loss. She sounds like she was a resourceful person and evidently that trait has carried on.

Jim O'Dell
02-26-2007, 10:06 AM
I too send prayers for your family, Dennis. It's wonderful the long productive lives that give us time to spend with our grandparents.
I got home from work Sat to find that the wind storms had knocked out the electricity at the house. Ruined about 4 hours of shop time planned for Sat. did get about 8 hours in Sunday, and some of the ceiling in (see my shop rehab thread for pictures). Just wanted to get more of it done!
Have a great week everyone. And Dennis, you know you've got your Grandmother with you every day. I still think of my paternal Grandmother, lived to 95. She passed away about 8 years ago. She still gives me strength. Jim.

Belinda Barfield
02-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Dennis,

I am saddened to hear of your family's loss. How wonderful that you had as much time with her as you did, and could benefit from the wisdom of so many years. Such strength and and capability as she exhibited in raising her children alone is a testament, and a legacy. My thoughts are with you.

Ted Miller
02-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Dennis, Sorry to hear about your grandma.

Spent all weekend shifting tools and shelving around to make my new shop work, kinda fun and tiring at the same time, maybe someone should make tools lighter, or maybe I should get stronger...

Zahid Naqvi
02-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Sorry, about your gramps Dennis, sounds like a person who would have lots of stories to tell to her grand kids and great grand kids.

I am on call this week so not much else going on, working on a picture frame for a poster I bought for my son.

John Miliunas
02-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Dennis, you know you already have my prayers! Sounds like she lived a rewarding life and there's little more one can ask.

As for my weekend? Can you say "snow"? Can you say "shoveling"? Yup, that about covers it. :o :cool:

Don Bullock
02-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Dennis, I'm very sorry to hear of your family's loss. That is never easy.

I had no shop time because dog shows on Saturday and Sunday. The shows was two hour drive each morning. Since our girl got best of breed Saturday we were there until after the hound group which ended about 4:30. The drive was about three hours. On Sunday we didn't win. A friend had invited us for dinner near the show grounds, so we didn't get home until about 9:30. Yes, it was a long weekend, but very rewarding.

Joe Mioux
02-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Dennis, my condolescences!

worked on an outdoor garden table, now that i have finished pulling nails out and dimmesioning 150 year old oak, I entered the fun stage.

Legs and rails and runners are finished

Joe

Chip Olson
02-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Dennis, I'll add my condolences to the pile.

Made more progress on the cabinets after completing the doors last week; started getting the drawers installed. My scheme for making the pull-outs height-adjustable needed some adjustment, but I think I have it working now. I have a fallback scheme in case this doesn't work.

Steve Schlumpf
02-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Dennis, so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Has been a rough year for many of us so far... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Karl Laustrup
02-26-2007, 1:10 PM
Morning Dennis. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like she had a full and rich life. She is in a better place now.

My plans to get the X-31 set up were dashed by the snow and wind we had Friday night and Saturday night. We now have upwards of 20 inches and it's still snowing, although lightly. Man, we had just gotten rid of all that we had and now this.

Well, at least spring is only a few weeks away. :)

Have a good week all.

Karl

John Miliunas
02-26-2007, 1:13 PM
Well, at least spring is only a few weeks away. :)

Karl

"...a few weeks"???? Oh, come on now, Karl. I'm only about an hour away, even the way you drive! :D :D :D :cool:

Al Willits
02-26-2007, 1:39 PM
Our condolences Dennis, God speed to her.

Blew snow this weekend, then did it again, ...and get to do it one more time tonight...hoping its done snowing for a bit.

Cut all the boards for the raised panels I'm trying for the second CD storage cabinet, and got the router bits kinda figured out and realized the router table insert is to small for the bits, today will be off to Rockler for a insert and combination square (to replace the one I dropped off the ladder) and I'll try again tuesday, tonight got a friend coming in from Texas and will spend the evening watching him freeze to death over pizza...:D

Al

Mike Zozakiewicz
02-26-2007, 1:44 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Dennis. I still have one of my grandmother left, still going after 97 years! So I consider myself blessed. I know I will miss her when the time comes.

Not a lot of shop time this weekend, did go to the workworking show in Milwaukee on Friday. Picked up a few things for my router table fence.

Finally go the router raizer installed on my hitachi m12v on Saturday. Spent the rest of the weekend shoveling as well. We got about 24 inches in Jackson.

Have a great week everyone.

Brian Kent
02-26-2007, 6:27 PM
God bless you and your family.

I've been working on my first attempts at drawers on a tool-box made from the white oak from an old, broken church pew.

Also, it's kind of hard getting through all of this southern california heat this winter. I am curious - what is snow?

Jeff Cybulski
02-26-2007, 8:18 PM
Dennis, Sorry about your loss. Sounds like a wonderful person.
Still working on the John Deere engine re-build. Very strange being a gear-head again after a 15 yr. layoff. Polished the heads and pistons and installed new valve guides and seals. Hope to fire it up Wed.

Have a great week all!!

Jeff