PDA

View Full Version : Foot washing for toxins

Rick Potter
02-26-2007, 2:01 AM
How's that for off topic?

My wife goes to a accupuncturist who advocates a foot washing setup to reduce toxins in your body. You put your feet in a pan of water which has non iodized salt and what looks like an aquarium pump. After thirty minutes the water has turned brown with what he says are toxins, chloresteral, and heavy metals your body has stored in your feet, because gravity allows them to settle there.

Now I see a catalog with this setup for sale, and she wants it. I tried it a couple times at the accupuncturists office and was VERY suspicious that it is a scam.

Does anyone have any expertise on this subject or know where I can find some?

Rick Potter

Art Mulder
02-26-2007, 6:46 AM
Rick, I googled "foot washing for toxins" and then "foot washing toxins scam" and I found this (http://www.badscience.net/?cat=38) and this (http://www.cyclingforums.com/archive/index.php/t-255662.html)

I have no idea if you'r wife's experience was like these. But these claim that it is really just electrolosys, and that brown stuff in the water is just rust - metal from on of the electrodes in the water.

Be very wary.

...art

Mitchell Andrus
02-26-2007, 8:54 AM
<donning fire suit>

What is it with women?????

My wife goes through the same goofy 'infomercial-itis" once in a while. Is it just that they can't conceptualize a bad idea when they see one?

<hiding in my fire suit underground>

David G Baker
02-26-2007, 9:10 AM
Thats why we love them so much. They need us to protect and defend them.
The vibrator foot soaker will do just as much for a lot less $$$$ and it feels good too. No rust soaked liquids when done.
Oh, by the way, I have a bridge in New York I am looking to sell for a very reasonable price.
David B

Kyle Kraft
02-26-2007, 9:39 AM
Here's another good one....ear candles! You buy some muslin rolled up the size of a big drinking straw coated in wax, run it through a hole punched in a paper plate, shove the whole assembly into your ear as far as it will go and then light it!! You'll really need the firesuit for this one or at least a Nomex hood.

Jeff Wright
02-26-2007, 9:51 AM
<donning fire suit>

What is it with women?????

My wife goes through the same goofy 'infomercial-itis" once in a while. Is it just that they can't conceptualize a bad idea when they see one?

<hiding in my fire suit underground>

Careful there! She may feel the same way when you announce you are ordering that $1,200 shaper bit set. :D

On the other hand, if she REALLY insists on getting one, a friend of mine bought one last year. He had us try it out while visiting. I don't think they've used it since then, it's just sitting in a closet. I know they paid gobs of money for the thing (but then, he has gobs of money!). Are you interested in buying it if he wants to sell it?

John Shuk
02-26-2007, 8:58 PM
I was going to ask if you live in Ca. but then I saw that you do!;)

Rick Potter
02-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the great replies. My wife enjoyed them. Yup...this is California, where the only news break we have had from Anna Nichole Smith was for the Oscars.

Ahhhh, I think I'll pass on the used one.

Rick Potter

Rick Potter
02-26-2007, 11:33 PM
My wife thought about the replies, and websites and came up with this rejoinder.......in nicer language, but basically....'Oh yeah, well how about the patch they put on my feet after the treatment. You wear it for four hours then take it off. For the first few treatments it came off gooey, lately it has been hard when taken off'.

I had no answer for her, hopefully someone does. Think it might be loaded with something that melts at body temperature just for show?

Rick Potter

David G Baker
02-26-2007, 11:46 PM
My wife thought about the replies, and websites and came up with this rejoinder.......in nicer language, but basically....'Oh yeah, well how about the patch they put on my feet after the treatment. You wear it for four hours then take it off. For the first few treatments it came off gooey, lately it has been hard when taken off'.

I had no answer for her, hopefully someone does. Think it might be loaded with something that melts at body temperature just for show?

Rick Potter
Rick,
I still have that New York bridge for sale if she is interested.
David B

Art Mulder
02-27-2007, 6:47 AM

Rick,

Sure I have an answer. I won't even do research for this one.
Consider this: Someone is trying to sell you a couple of things. One of them, (the foot bath) is clearly a hoax/scam. So why would you trust the other products that they are selling?

To me this is like that saying...
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."