PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Remodel Final Pictures

Scott Coffelt
02-25-2007, 9:54 PM
I have been meaning to get these posted but have been too busy. This project took me about 3 months total to complete on evenings and weekends. I am very pleased with the outcome and it is much better than that early nineties decor.

Main Details:
Flooring - Natural Slate
Cabinets - Curly Cherry
Counters - Granite
Tub Step - Teak

Scott Coffelt
02-25-2007, 9:57 PM
Her are some more pics. I still have some metal accent shelves to make above the tub.

Kyle Stiefel
02-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Scott,

Wonderful, I really like your choice of style and great work.

Roy McQuay
02-25-2007, 10:05 PM
That is one beautiful bathroom. Very fine work. Thanks for sharing.

Roy Wall
02-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Major Upgrade..........those are excellent!!! Beautiful cabinets......

Jim Becker
02-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Ah, BEAUTIFUL job, Scott!!! A lot of work, but absolutely worth the end result. You also deserve a nice long soak in that tub for your efforts!

Anthony Anderson
02-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Very Nice Scott, you should be very proud of the final product. I really like the finish on the curly maple. What was your finish regimen on the cabinets? Again, Congratulations on a job well done. Bill

Bill Brady
02-26-2007, 5:57 AM
Nice job it looks very nice. I like the way you have seperate sinks and vanities hase a very nice look and feel.

Glenn Clabo
02-26-2007, 6:12 AM
Nice work Scott...very nice.

Keith Cope
02-26-2007, 6:35 AM
Looks great, Scott! I'm sure you and LOYL will enjoy that every day. One question, what finish did you use on the vanity?

Jeffrey Makiel
02-26-2007, 6:53 AM
Very elegant. I like your taste.

I'm about to begin a bath remodel too and this is good inspiration.

Well done.
-Jeff :)

Jeremy Yorke
02-26-2007, 9:05 AM
Job very well done! now the challenge is not to stay in it for long:D

John Miliunas
02-26-2007, 9:23 AM
Yeaaaaah, Scott! That's the ticket. Beautiful! :) I'm partial to contemporary myself so, I really love the whole look of it. The cabinetry kicks butt! :D Very, very nicely done! :) :cool:

Larry Fox
02-26-2007, 9:28 AM
Wow Scott - very, very nice. Cabinets are gorgeous.

Keith Weber
02-26-2007, 9:28 AM
Nice Job Scott!

By chance, do you happen to know what the wall paint color/brand is? I really like that color and will be painting my interior sometime this year.

Keith

Tim Malyszko
02-26-2007, 9:46 AM
Your bathroom looks great and may just inspire me to start putting together a design for our bathroom. I really like the looks of the curly cherry and the teak step into the tub is a very nice touch.

I too am curious what you used to finish the cherry cabinets with.

Nice work.

Jim O'Dell
02-26-2007, 9:49 AM
Very nice, Scott! I love the curl in the grain. Very pleasing. Jim.

Steve Roxberg
02-26-2007, 10:08 AM
scott,

Very nice work, it's really pretty. Is that the Curly Cherry I saw you picking up at Woodcraft?

Zahid Naqvi
02-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Nice job Scott, the cabinets are super. So is the floor.

Scott Coffelt
02-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Very Nice Scott, you should be very proud of the final product. I really like the finish on the curly maple. What was your finish regimen on the cabinets? Again, Congratulations on a job well done. Bill

The finish is actually several coats of wipe on poly (Arm-R-Seal, Semi-Gloss). I wanted something that could easily be touched up in the event of water stains. It was very easy finish. The step is coated with Teak oil, I have to recoat every couple of months. Gets a nice dark finish then slowly fades.

Jason Tuinstra
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Wow, that's inspirational! Really! You did a great job on this. My wife would love this as well. Thanks for showing it off.

Scott Coffelt
02-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Nice Job Scott!

By chance, do you happen to know what the wall paint color/brand is? I really like that color and will be painting my interior sometime this year.

Keith
The brand is Behr, do not remember the color exactly but I do have the can at home and can check this evening. I am real pleased with the wall color, it matches well with the Ventian Plaster in the toliet area and we have the same plaster in the bedroom. It's obviously in the sage line. We tried to go more earth tons in the whole master sweet. With pops of color, what you don't see is that we have red and plum accents in the master bedroom.

Scott Coffelt
02-26-2007, 11:09 AM
scott,

Very nice work, it's really pretty. Is that the Curly Cherry I saw you picking up at Woodcraft?

Yes, some of it is. Some came from Schutte. The problem was finding enough good quality that matched. I tried the best I could, but you do see some slight differences and would have preferred more matching. Trying to find CC in KC is really hard. I finally had to just go with what I had and then match best as possible. I am hoping it will all darken over time to a more similar tone.

Scott Coffelt
02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Here is the bathroom during part of the process.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=42378&highlight=master+bath+remodel

I also got rid of those big old mirrors and went with smaller ones in customer black oak frames.

Jason Morgan
02-26-2007, 1:17 PM
Very nice! What did you use for the shower floor? I want to do our bathroom similarly, but dont know what to use for my stall shower floor.

Great work!

Scott Coffelt
02-26-2007, 1:24 PM
Very nice! What did you use for the shower floor? I want to do our bathroom similarly, but dont know what to use for my stall shower floor.

Great work!

I actually installed a new shower pan (standard Kohler or similar brand), but if I had to do over I probably would have used river stones (tile) and built a custom base. It would make it more spa feeling. It was also not a planned upgrade as I had wanted to use the old one but after getting things demo'd we realized it really wasn't a white, but more of a cream and just looked off with the other bright white fixtures (including the tub) that was already there. I also have installed a triangle teak shower seat (not pictured) and may make a drop in teak floor for the shower to provide the spa feel.