PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection Done(Amen)

Marc Prudhomme
02-25-2007, 6:55 AM
Dust collection Purchased and Done
Hi guys,
Well its over.I bought the Delta 1.5 horse DC and the Jet air filtration unit(on sale for 200.00)at woodcraft this week and I just finished assembling and mounting.Woodcraft had 10 percent off every power tool in the store so I picked up both units for 525.00 after taxes.I think I did pretty good.I have been pricing for about three weeks now and I havnt been able to get them under 600 for the pair.
I was going to go with the JDS air filter but I am glad I didnt.Not only did I save 100.00 + dollars but I also saved my head from another 4 inches of drop from the ceiling.I have about 6ft 3" from the floor with the jet.
I will be going to home depot this week to pick up the rigid tablesaw.A little electrical work and I should be making sawdust soon.
The delta and the Jet do take up alot of space in my cramped area but I am sure that the air quality will be worth it.
The tablesaw will be my last purchase for a while.I have alot of cabinet work to do in the basement and in the house.I wont be looking for a jointer or a planer till around summertime or maybe later.
Ill take some pics of the shop next week to show you guys.
See ya
Marc

Don Bullock
02-25-2007, 8:04 AM
Congratulations Marc. That sounds like a good set up for your air quality. Let us know how well you like the Delta DC and the Jet air filtration system. That's something some of us, like me haven't done yet.

Jim O'Dell
02-25-2007, 8:46 AM
Congrats Marc! I have the old version of the Ridgid saw. It's been a good one for the money. Glad you got the dust thing settled down. Let us see some pictures...you know it didn't really happen if there aren't any pictures! :D Jim.

Ron Blaise
02-25-2007, 8:58 AM
Marc:
I hung my Delta air filter on the wall, on a shelf within 1" of the ceiling. That way it is out of my way or getting smacked with a board or something else. Keeps the shop air dust free. You'll be glad you invested in your Jets. I have the same Jet DC too. Works for me.

Marc Prudhomme
02-25-2007, 9:02 AM
Ron,
The Jet is the air filter. I bought the 1.5 HP delta dust collector
Marc:
I hung my Delta air filter on the wall, on a shelf within 1" of the ceiling. That way it is out of my way or getting smacked with a board or something else. Keeps the shop air dust free. You'll be glad you invested in your Jets. I have the same Jet DC too. Works for me.

Jim Podsedly
02-25-2007, 9:26 AM
you will see a difference right away. I recently purchased the Jet air filtration box from Menards (on sale for 219) and the 2HF dust collector.

What a difference in the shop!

Now i need to run the duct work so i can keep the DC stationary.

The Jet hangs right from the rafters and i still have over 6' of clearance. The timer is awesome - leave it on for 2 hours after leaving the shop and viola the dust is not everywhere the next day.

Eric Wong
02-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Congrats Marc! Once you get it going, you won't know how you lived without it!

Russ Cass
02-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Congrats on getting your DC system in your shop Marc.

I need to do the same in my tiny shop (10'x12'). Just getting back into WW'ing after a long break.
Never worried too much before about airborne dust, but definitely see the issues now.
I'm about to buy the exact same pieces you did. I like the size of the Jet cleaner.
My basement shop only has a 7½ ceiling and I'm 6'6" :o So I need to tuck it into a corner or over a tool that won't be moved much
or I can see a few headaches in my future :D

Pete Brown
02-25-2007, 1:02 PM
My 11x15 shop doesn't have a ceiling, so I was able to stick the air cleaner up so it sits on the rafters. It makes changing the filters a pain, but the headroom is welcome, especially when flipping boards around.

Pete