PDA

View Full Version : Question for SawStop Owners

James Phillips
02-24-2007, 7:15 PM
I just put a down payment on mine and will be picking it up in a weekor so.

1- Will it fit in my Toyota Tacoma?

2- How many guys do I need to unload it at the house?

3- Any unloading tips?

Thanks in advance

Per Swenson
02-24-2007, 7:24 PM
Congratulations James,

Yes it will fit on a Tacoma.

Getting it off could be problematic.

What I would do, Rent a truck with a lift gate

While your there rent a pump jack.

Two guys. Plus yerself.

Weighs about 700 lbs in the crate.

David Wambolt
02-24-2007, 7:47 PM
Pretty much any truck with a 5' or larger bed will work. Unloading it can be tricky, but I was able to unload it from a 2004 Dodge Ram using my engine hoist and straps. It was a bit of a chore but nothing to complain about. I used like five ratcheting straps and some other straps to make sure the main straps didn't slip out of position. We had it out of the truck and on the ground in about 15 minutes. Looking at that much $$$ hanging 4' off the ground is a little scary, but it was uneventful.

The lift gate would be ideal. Check and see if the dealer can have it delivered to your home. Mine wanted about $150, so I just did it myself.

Another option and probably the easiest is to rent a hydraulic tilting trailer and a pallet jack. You would just have to roll it out and you'd be done. I have a pallet jack so it made moving the saw easy once I had it down off the pickup. My original plan was to rent the trailer, but we decided just to wing it. :)

Good luck

Mike Heidrick
02-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Got a tractor and carry all?

http://mysite.verizon.net/resoh894/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/delivery.jpg

Cary Swoveland
02-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Another option is to slide it down a ramp made of 2x4's and 1/2" sheathing. Screw some 2x4's together, then screw on seathing for the slide and a few scraps of sheathing to brace it from racking front-to-back and sideways. Build it so that it will support the end of tailgate. After you're finished, label the pieces of the slide before disassembly, and then store them away for future use. It doesn't have to be an elaborate or massive structure to support a mere 500 or 600 lbs. Most of the force is down, so you don't need much bracing or many screws. Slightly modified, it could also be used to winch machinery up into the pickup (in which case you might want to cover the slide with put something smooth, like hardboard).

I just did this to winch a 1400 lb. combo machine out of my basement, and then bring in a Sawstop, 8" jointer and 15" planer.

Cary

wayne ateser
02-25-2007, 2:28 AM
I just put a down payment on mine and will be picking it up in a weekor so.

1- Will it fit in my Toyota Tacoma?

2- How many guys do I need to unload it at the house?

3- Any unloading tips?

Thanks in advance

having all 10 fingers in working order helps with the unloading

Per Swenson
02-25-2007, 7:11 AM
Mike,

That is a great setup.

But me, redneck I pretend to be..

I know one day I would open that garage door,

start screaming....Aunti Em...Auntie em...itsa TWISTER!

Per