PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it now!

Bill Wyko
02-24-2007, 4:54 PM
I put a deposit down on a JET 1442 vs. I can't wait to make some big pieces out of small pieces.:D Now it'll be time to get midevil on some segmenting.

Steve Schlumpf
02-24-2007, 5:25 PM
Congrats on the hardest part of getting a new lathe - the decision of which one to get!! When will you get it home? Oh, and don't forget the pics!!!

Bill Wyko
02-24-2007, 5:35 PM
It'll probably take me a month to pay it off but I'll use the time to get the shop in shape. I'm going to build some cabinets and some tool specific locations. Plus I've got to do something about my sandpaper. It ends up everywhere.:cool: I got a pretty good deal I think at 849.99 OTD.:eek: And yes, I'll post pictures asap. Who ever said this was a cheap hobby? (must work for JET)

John Miliunas
02-24-2007, 6:14 PM
Way to go, Bill! You should be quite happy with that unit. :)

Now, as for turning being "cheap"???? I'm pretty sure whomever said that was doing flatwork! :eek: :D :cool:

Nancy Laird
02-24-2007, 6:19 PM
Now, as for turning being "cheap"???? I'm pretty sure whomever said that was doing flatwork! :eek: :D :cool:

There's that word again - I thought it was verboten on this forum. I can tell you that doing flatwork isn't cheap either--from many years of experience!:eek:

Congrats on the new lathe Bill, even if it is a Jet. :rolleyes: I've seen some of the things you've posted from the "little" lathe and they are spectacular, so I'm looking forward to seeing more and bigger things.

Nancy

John Miliunas
02-24-2007, 6:36 PM
There's that word again - I thought it was verboten on this forum. I can tell you that doing flatwork isn't cheap either--from many years of experience!:eek:

LOL! :D Yeah, me too. I think anything to do with woodworking in general is a candidate for taking out a second mortgage, part-time job, robbing the bank, etc.... :eek: :D :cool:

mike fuson
02-24-2007, 7:01 PM
OOOOooooo! mayo light!
Congrats, hope you love it.

Don Fuss
02-24-2007, 7:14 PM
Awesome Bill! It's a great lathe and has served me well for a year and a half without any complaints. (See mine in my avatar.)

Pete Jordan
02-24-2007, 7:28 PM
I think you are going to love it. I can't wait to see more stuff!

Keith Burns
02-24-2007, 7:45 PM
Congrats Bill !!!! :) :)

Scott Donley
02-24-2007, 8:09 PM
Nice score there Bill :D Go ahead and download the manual for the specs on the shelf so you can have it ready when it comes that way you won't have to worry about flat work after you get it set up !