PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to All SMC Members (Long)

Ken Salisbury
12-08-2003, 12:44 PM
I have been incognito for the last 4 ½ days and haven't even powered up my computer during that time. I had a big craft show to do this past weekend.

Besides being a vendor in the show I am also on the board of directors of the N.E. Alabama Craftsmans Assoc (the show organizers) and had lots of duties to perform the two days before opening (Fri) which required my presence at the Huntsville Civic Center. Coordinating the drive-in, set-up and breakdown of 225 vendors' booths is a real chore since it has to be done in a specific order so as not to cause complete chaos similiar to a "chinese firedrill" (every one runs to the edge of the roof and jumps :))

When I logged in this morning I found I had 91 threads with new posts (way too many to count :) )which I needed to read (the perils of being a moderator).

To my delight - there was very little moderating to be done on the posts made during my absence. The credit goes to the entire membership of Sawmill Creek - Kudos to all of you !! It shows the type of community we have established here.

Moderating this forum has really gotten a lot easier in the past few months. I really appreciate the "self moderating" that occurs here. There are many members' whose posts require very little scrutiny and I can do a quick scan of those and not have to worry about them violating any of the provisions of the Terms of Service (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/terms.php). There are others than require a little closer look :). Like Santa said: "I know where you live" :).

p.s. The show went very well with somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 - 25,000 people coming through in 2 ½ days.

Apologies:

There are quite a few posts I need to respond to with answers, etc and will get to them over the next couple of days. I also have a long list of e-mails from members on various subjects. I will also respond to those in the next couple of days.

Dave Anderson NH
12-08-2003, 2:28 PM
I was also away for 4 days without access to a computer (visiting parents) and came back to an easy catchup. The Neander side is quite a bit slower moving and quieter than your responsibilities on the Power Tool side, so I almost don't have a real job here.

Thanks to all of you who make the job easier for Ken, Keith, and me. This is a great group of folks and your efforts at self-moderating are greatly appreciated.