PDA

View Full Version : 8 inch table saw blades...???

Bill Huber
02-23-2007, 6:37 PM
I have an old Craftsman table saw, it is an 8 in. with 1/2 in arbor. I have not done a lot of woodworking in the past but am looking at doing a lot more now.

I have a Mule Accusquare M825 rip fence and am Osborne EB-3 miter gauge coming, the old ones have just seen better days. The saw is in good condition and I just did a complete tear down, cleaned everything and have the saw ready to go for the new fence and miter gauge.

Now I just need to get a good blade. The problem is I can not find 8 in. blades. I am using a 7 1/4 in. one with an 5/8 to 1/2 adaptor right now but I would like to find a better blade for it. The current blade is a Diablo 40 tooth framing blade for a skill saw from Home Depot.

Do any or you know of someplace were I can get a good 8 in. blade and what blade would you recommend?

Jim Becker
02-23-2007, 8:26 PM
Bill, Forrest has 8" blades, although they are 5/8" arbor unless you have them custom made. But a bushing is a perfectly acceptable way of mounting...

Bill Huber
02-23-2007, 9:35 PM
Bill, Forrest has 8" blades, although they are 5/8" arbor unless you have them custom made. But a bushing is a perfectly acceptable way of mounting...

Jim,
Thanks, I was on that site last night and just missed them. I have never heard Forrest blades before are they good ones.
But then I guess anything would be better then a $14 Home Depot blade.

Again thank you for the reply and I will see about getting one next week, spent all the mad money for this one.

Jim Becker
02-23-2007, 9:59 PM
Bill, I swear by Forrest blades, but not everyone shares the opinion. Yes, they are very good blades...and they have your size... ;) That latter is unfortunately going to drive your purchasing with your current saw.

CPeter James
02-23-2007, 9:59 PM
Forrest is one of the best. Check out this forum and you will see other good blades mentioned.

Not to be a spoil sport, but will the Osborne miter gauge fit in you miter slot? Older Craftsmen saws had a slightly narrower miter slot so 3d party accessories won't fit.

CPeter

Bill Huber
02-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Forrest is one of the best. Check out this forum and you will see other good blades mentioned.

Not to be a spoil sport, but will the Osborne miter gauge fit in you miter slot? Older Craftsmen saws had a slightly narrower miter slot so 3d party accessories won't fit.

CPeter

I checked in to that and it is made for slots .741 and goes to .765 and the saw I think it .74 so it should fit...... I hope it does !!!:)

John Lieberman
02-24-2007, 1:57 AM
PM sent

John L