PDA

View Full Version : Osborne EB-3 Miter Gauge ??

Mark Lansink
02-27-2003, 5:00 PM
Anybody have the newest Osborne EB-3 Miter Gauge?

I am interested in more opinions. I see Norm is rather fond of his, yet I have not been able to set my on eyes upon one 1st hand.

Thanks in advance for you $0.02 worth....

www.osbornemfg.com/eb-3-413.jpg

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000067S19/ref=cm_wl_ovu-pg.1-pos.6/104-0967871-6544737?v=glance&coliid=IKJMB6ZYLGYVZ&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Dan Cameron
02-27-2003, 5:33 PM
Mark, I have a Dewalt746 table saw with a sliding table. The miter guage which comes with the table is, I believe, made by Osborne, or is at least a faithful clone. I have been very happy with its accuracy and flexibility.

The only negative I have to report is that the hold-down clamp can rotate the stock away from miter fence, unless you hold the stock in place while tightening.

I have found the angle detents to be dead-on and the angle setting stays put.

Jim Izat
02-27-2003, 8:18 PM
Hey Mark,

I bought one a few months back and I am very pleased. It took me a little while to get it square and to tweak the adjustment screws to snug up the bar into the slot but since then not a hiccup. I really like the long outrider support (~42") and the fact that with a little adjusting I can use it on either side of the blade. I've use it with everthing from squaring up stock on small parts to cutting the shoulders on tenons on stock six feet long. The last thing I need to do is glue a piece of sand paper to the face to keep parts from moving laterally as they are pushed through the blade. Well worth the 159.95 I paid for it.

Jim Izat

Derek Arita
02-27-2003, 8:43 PM
I'm very happy with my EB3. I was not at all happy with the EB2, which I returned.

Herb Blair
02-28-2003, 6:17 AM
I have an Osborne EB-3 I bought from Amazon.com last fall. I was surprised how much I use it now. I rarely used the miter that came with my saw, but would revert to jigs instead. The EB-3 is accurate and very stable. My Table saw is a 25 year old Sears contractors saw, that I've added a Vega 26" fence (which I also like very much) and the Osborne EB-3. Works for me.
Good luck.