PDA

View Full Version : New Yankee Workshop on DIY

Carlo Petrilli
02-23-2007, 4:04 PM
I'm not sure if anyone knows or this has been posted before but it looks like The New Yankee Workshop is going to be on DIY starting in March 07. They are going to have a woodoworking block with 2 episodes of NYW followed by 2 episodes of Woodworks.

http://www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=31494

John Shuk
02-23-2007, 4:12 PM
It used to be on DIY every day at 7:30 am. I was laid up for a while and it really helped the time pass.

Mike Langford
02-23-2007, 4:17 PM
....They are going to have a woodworking block with 2 episodes of NYW followed by 2 episodes of Woodworks.....

http://www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=31494

I HOPE SO!!!:D :D :D

Darroll Walsh
02-23-2007, 4:18 PM
These are reruns correct? Is David Marks still making new shows?

Carlo Petrilli
02-23-2007, 4:22 PM
All the episodes are reruns. At this time David Marks is not making any new shows.

wayne ateser
02-23-2007, 4:50 PM
I liked the tools and techniques show thats not on anymore

Jim Becker
02-23-2007, 5:57 PM
The NYW episodes will also be at least a few seasons old...only PBS gets to run the current and immediate past seasons of shows. That's not a bad thing, but not everyone is aware of it.

Fred Voorhees
02-23-2007, 6:59 PM
Looks like it will be time to reprogram my recorder. This actually sounds like a grand reason to get out and purchase that new DVD recorder that I've been talking about!:p

Jim Fox
02-23-2007, 7:40 PM
Too bad they got the duffuss Villa tied in with that. Granted I did watch him alot, but what a duffuss.

Fred Voorhees
02-23-2007, 8:24 PM
Too bad they got the duffuss Villa tied in with that. Granted I did watch him alot, but what a duffuss.

Jim, I don't understand.....Bob Vila? Norm does NYW and David Marks does Woodworks. Where does Bob Vila fit in?

Kristofor Johnson
02-23-2007, 11:09 PM
It was mentioned in the article. The third show they bought was Bob Vila's Home Again.

Jerry Lawrence
02-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that David Marks looks wayyyy too neat and clean in his button-down shirts to actually be making things out of wood? He does make some nice stuff though!

Ted Miller
02-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I still record all the Yankee shops and Wood Works on my DVR, they are reruns but still fun to watch, I love Dave's beat up jigs and the blue tape when gluing...

Jack Ferrell
02-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that David Marks looks wayyyy too neat and clean in his button-down shirts to actually be making things out of wood? He does make some nice stuff though!

I thought the same thing until I took a class from him. He really is a regular guy in a lot of ways. Perhaps the long sleeve shirts were to hide something on his right arm during filming. (They were.) He has tremdous patience and, answers all questions no matter how long it takes.
He will suprise you if you are ever lucky enuf to take a class of his. He is much better than you think. Not even IMHO, just a fact, even surprising to me.

Per Swenson
02-25-2007, 7:44 AM
Question.....

What ever happened to the Furniture Guys?

I thought that show was great. They do have a web site...
http://www.furnitureguys.com/index.php

But, does any body out there still carry their show and I'm just missing it?

Per

Curt Harms
02-25-2007, 8:56 AM
Question.....

Per

I agree with You. They are (or were) Philly based, so I guess the Patrons & Matrons the run WHYY haven't seen fit to continue. They address finishing and upholstery, something that I and I suspect many of us could use some help with. They can be a little schticky but oh well:rolleyes:

Curt

Jim Becker
02-25-2007, 10:37 AM
David is a warm and wonderful guy and the long-sleeve shirts are really necessary for his video work as there are some who would be less than comfortable with body art. In-person, he's a tee-shirt kinda fellow...

I had the pleasure of chatting with him a few years ago at the AAW symposium in Orlando (he's an incredible turner, too) and enjoyed every second of it.

John Miliunas
02-25-2007, 1:44 PM
Well, this just sucks! I don't get DIY and, I'm NOT about to pay Dish Network an additional $20.00/mth. to get it, as they load the "package" up with a whole bunch of other drivel! :mad:

But, I can vouch for the long-sleeve thing. That was mandated by DIY. The way David was suppose to present the show was mandated by DIY. Pretty much anything you may not like about the "Woodworks" show was mandated by DIY!!! :mad: David is a real regular Joe! Short sleeves, tattoo and all. Fantastic instructor with the patience of a saint. If you ever have the opportunity to take any classes from him, I highly recommend it! :) :cool:

Keith Webster
02-25-2007, 1:57 PM
Well....not to go too far off the subject but Direct TV is a lot cheaper than Dish Network for getting the DIY channel. I am also going to DVR these episodes of NYW and Wood Works. Love those showa. Each guy has a differant way of building things. David lings to do things all old style and Norm likes to do things more like now days. I learn something everytime I watch both. Great Guys!!!

Rob Blaustein
02-25-2007, 3:15 PM
Question.....

Per
Never seen those guys, but judging from their site, I'm guessing I'd like their show--they seem pretty funny. It doesn't seem to be on around these parts.