PDA

View Full Version : biesemeyer accessories ?

Greg Stanford
02-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Watching old NYW, I noticed Norm had accessories for what appeared to be a biesemeyer fence on his table saw. These did not appear to be shop made, but I've never seen them sold anywhere. I do well simply clamping what I need to my fence but I would like to see what is avalible - if anything. Any ideas on where to look?

thanks,

g

John Gregory
02-23-2007, 11:49 AM
http://www.biesemeyer.com/products/accessories.htm

you can find them there

glenn bradley
02-23-2007, 11:51 AM
John's got it but I find the prices to be high for what you get. Unless you are concerned about matching paint-jobs, I would build.

John Gregory
02-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Unless money is no object, I would do like Glenn said and build my own. I have a stock fence on my Ridgid TS and I just use spring clamps and use 3/4" plywood scrap for the stop block and sac. fence. With the Beis fence you can make them like a three sided box that slips over the fence.

Greg Stanford
02-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks, I had actually tried to search that site but had turned up nothing. I really just wondered what might be avalible.

g

Lee Schierer
02-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I haven't looked in a while, but they used to sell a stop that could be mounted on the fence. I thought the price was pretty high for what it did and how much I might use it, so I made my own out of maple. I was right, I don't use it much.

I also made an auxillary cover for mine that allows me to use my grip tite feather boards. You can see it here Biesmeyer Fence Cover (http://home.earthlink.net/~us71na/fence.html)

My cover also aids in cutting raised panels on the TS.

Bruce Page
02-23-2007, 2:58 PM
I have the Bies cut off fence, 78-939 that I got as a gift a couple of years ago. It's well made and works as advertised but I can count on one hand the number of times that I have used it.

Gilbert Vega
02-23-2007, 4:31 PM
Not to hijack the post but does anyone know if the black rubber the surrounds the top of the fence is available any where? Is it just regular T-track edgeing?

Scott Coffelt
02-23-2007, 4:41 PM
If you are refering to the edge of the fence, I bought some of that at woodcraft and I have seen it at rockler.

Gilbert Vega
02-23-2007, 5:02 PM
If you are refering to the edge of the fence, I bought some of that at woodcraft and I have seen it at rockler.

Scott, yes that's what I'm refering to. I take it is just generic edge banding then? I'll check out Woodcraft. Thanks.