PDA

View Full Version : My New Saw and Fence with Questions

Darroll Walsh
02-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Well I finally made the plunge and ordered my new saw. I went with Steel City and ordered a 35610 through the local Woodcraft. While I was feeling adventurous I went and ordered the Incra TS LS Positioner system from Woodpeckers complete with Wonderfence, and an Incra 1000SE miter gauge. Only downside is that Woodpecker decided to put the TSLS on sale 3 days after I order it.

Has anyone put a TSLS on the Steel City saws? Do you have to split the rail to do so?

- D

John Gregory
02-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Most companies will refund the difference if an item goes on sale within 30 days of purchase, you can at least ask them.

Ray Phillips
02-23-2007, 1:09 PM
I am replying to the slae price three days after your purchase. I am under the impression that the Federal Truth in Lending Act states that if one buys an item and if that very same item is put on a reduced sale within thirty days of the original purchase the consumer can obtain a credit or refund of the amount to equal the sale price. This was the way it was when I was in the retail business. I am not an attorney but this is my understatnding. I am sure there may be an attorney in the membership that may be able to enlighten us. I see many posts that the members say they purchase something and then it goes on sale. I have had many times that this happened to me and was able to get a refund.

Darroll Walsh
02-23-2007, 2:32 PM
Well I called Woodpecker and they did indeed credit me for the sale item. They were then nice enough to help me upgrade my package so that I am now getting the router table and legs.

I must saw that I have never had such great customer service than I have with Woodpecker. I am surprised how easy the process was and how nice they were about it. I will definitely be ordering from them again.

- D