PDA

View Full Version : Workench Top

charlie kapper
02-23-2007, 9:21 AM
I posted a note earlier about purchasing a workbench top and received a few suggestions to visit Bally Block. I contacted them shortly after and spoke to Russ (super nice guy). I was able to get a 30" by 84" by 2 1/4" thick maple top for $150.00. It was supposed to be a second but looks perfect to me. Many thanks to those that suggested Bally and I strongly recommend contacting them if you are in need of a workbench top and are located in or around Southeastern PA.

regards,
Charlie

Jim Becker
02-23-2007, 9:26 AM
Nice deal, Charlie.

BTW, at SMC, "it didn't happen" if there are no pictures... ;) :D :D

John Schreiber
02-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Wow. Thanks for the recommendation. That makes it pretty hard to justify gluing up your own.

Matt Guyrd
02-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Very cool!

Is it good-n-flat across it's length and width?

Matt

Ned Bulken
02-23-2007, 3:21 PM
I'm in the process of redoing our kitchen. The LOML would like a butcher block section... thanks for the tip, now I have a local source for that. Wonder if they have any smaller chunks in stock.

charlie kapper
02-24-2007, 9:07 AM
I icked up the top last Monday and flew to sunny Orlando on Tuesday so I did not have opportunity for pictures or checking flatness. The folks at Bally made some minor repairs (patching) and then ran the top through their sander so I am assume that it is flat. I will check and reply back soon. I will begin building the bench in about a month and will post pictures when I complete the workbench.

regards,
Charlie