PDA

View Full Version : etchings

pat bogarin
02-22-2007, 10:03 PM
hi everyone. i would like comments on my etchings. they were lasered using, artistic-lasers granite plaques. the 1st image was my very 1st plaque (me & my hubbie) the rest were done yesterday.
i have a vy-tek 4496 60 watt laser. i used 17 power & 30 speed.

thanks, Patty

Perry Brock
02-22-2007, 10:19 PM
They really look good. I have a 60 watt Trotec and plan to try your settings. What DPI did you use?

Dennis Perry
02-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi Pat, The first image is the first one you ever did? Those look great!!!! Not to sure about that guy next to you in the photo ;) :D

Dennis

Belinda Barfield
02-23-2007, 7:21 AM
I wish my first photo etching had been close to as good as yours! What photo processing software do you use? My results on granite have not been great - something I am going to work on today. Are you happy with the quality of the granite tiles themselves? Thanks for the help and info.

Mike Null
02-23-2007, 8:20 AM
Patty:
These look great. I think I saw these posted on another forum this morning by a guy claiming to be the good looking lady's husband. He says his name is Mark.

If he's the guy don't be so bashful--tell everybody who you are and what you're doing.

Luke Phillips
02-23-2007, 8:49 AM
hi everyone. i would like comments on my etchings. they were lasered using, artistic-lasers granite plaques. the 1st image was my very 1st plaque (me & my hubbie) the rest were done yesterday.
i have a vy-tek 4496 60 watt laser. i used 17 power & 30 speed.

thanks, Patty

Pat - Great job! I really like the black granite from ArtisticLaser - I think it's better than the marble. How do you like the VY-TEK so far? Are you doing slabs yet? Keep up the great work!:D

Cheers!
Luke

pat bogarin
02-23-2007, 12:20 PM
thanks for the replys and comments(lol). we edit with photoshop,
process with photograv @ 300dpi & granite params.yes we are happy with the vy-tek and very happy with the granite. we can do up to 4'x8' images.

thanks again,
Patty

Paul Torrigino
02-23-2007, 7:10 PM
Oh yeah, these all look beautiful. I would think they would be big sellers! Good luck with it, they look really great.