PDA

View Full Version : Pens and engraving ...

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
12-07-2003, 9:53 PM
I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with Keith Outten today at his shop and he showed me some remarkable things he could do to enhance my pens and boxes with his engraver. Here are some examples he did for me today. The quality is remarkable and very pristine. After we did the boxes ... we decided to try an antler pen and a Corian pen. The antler pen is great, with the antler burning a dark brown in the lines. The Corian has to have ink or paint added to darken the lines. The good thing about this is that you can use whatever color you want the lettering to be. Thanks for looking, have fun and be safe.

Dale Thompson
12-07-2003, 10:44 PM
Ron,
Did Keith use a Laser Engraver or some other form of technology? Engraving things such as pens and other curved surfaces could really make a difference in the acceptance of our "stuff". Of course, in my case, it would take a lot more than engraving my "stuff" to keep them anywhere but in the scrap bin. :o It might help others, though.

Dale T. :confused:

12-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Ron,
Did Keith use a Laser Engraver or some other form of technology? Engraving things such as pens and other curved surfaces could really make a difference in the acceptance of our "stuff". Of course, in my case, it would take a lot more than engraving my "stuff" to keep them anywhere but in the scrap bin. :o It might help others, though.

Dale T. :confused:

There's alot of opportunity. See the Laser Engraving forum for some cool stuff!

Ron

Dennis Peacock
12-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Very, very nice Ron..!!!!! Did you make the wooden pen boxes? If so, how did you make them? I would like to try making one I "think". ;)

12-08-2003, 8:20 AM
Very, very nice Ron..!!!!! Did you make the wooden pen boxes? If so, how did you make them? I would like to try making one I "think". ;)

I can buy these boxes so much cheaper than I could make them, I haven't tried to put the time in them. By the time I got the wood, routed it, finished it and got hardware, I'd have to ask more than what they cost me. It would be nice to make some special display boxes, though. Maybe some day.
Thanks,
Ron