PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle(MSUV) On Sale

Dave Sweeney
02-22-2007, 6:27 PM
Home Depot has the RIDGID MSUV on sale for $99 again. In the past, this sale has only lasted a few days and is unadvertised.

Per Swenson
02-22-2007, 8:12 PM
Folks,

If you have been sitting on the fence...

You simply cannot beat this thing at the reg price.

I am no fan of the creepo but jeez 99 clams...

Here is mine for those doubting types.

Thats also the saw helper fence on there and is not included.

Per

Ken Alcott
02-22-2007, 8:18 PM
I agree with Per you can't beat that price.

John Shuk
02-22-2007, 8:28 PM
I have one too. It just rocks.

Gary Herrmann
02-22-2007, 9:42 PM
I have one, and may pick up another for my sanding station.

Bart Leetch
02-22-2007, 9:58 PM
It'll work great for a portable planer stand too.

dan moran
02-22-2007, 10:13 PM
ive noticed these things(and similar items before) and ive been tempted by them, but then i think about how much fun it would be to bring one up a flight of stairs.. seems a little bulky and a lot like work..

ill stick with a pair of rollers($40) a folding sheetmetal sawhorse($15) with a 2'x3' piece of 3/4" oak plywood(free) screwed to it.

granted, im just cutting moulding with a 12" hitachi miter saw on it, so why bring an 18 wheeler to do a job that a volkswagen can do?

thanks for the heads up on it though...

Rob Blaustein
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
It's great, but I keep mine in the garage--I wouldn't want to carry it up and down stairs, it is quite heavy.

dan moran
02-22-2007, 10:28 PM
It's great, but I keep mine in the garage--I wouldn't want to carry it up and down stairs, it is quite heavy.

the last couple of jobs ive been on havent had floors in the garages yet...
:rolleyes:

Per Swenson
02-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Fellas,

It has those big wheels....why would you carry it?

I roll mine right up and down stairs like a hand cart.

P.

dan moran
02-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Fellas,

P.

hows it with tight landings?

not to be poo-pooing, just asking.

David Wambolt
02-22-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm going to pick one of these up tomorrow and hopefully a Dewalt DW3750 pressure washer too. I have a 20% coupon for HD burning a hole in my wallet. :)

Per Swenson
02-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Dan,

It folds down flat.

Mebbe 8 inchs plus the height of your saw.

Locks together.

Stand it on edge...Like a hand cart.

Poo-poo all ya want. I have one I use it ....anywhere.

Daily.

Per

dan moran
02-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Poo-poo all ya want. I have one I use it ....anywhere.

Daily.

Per

i said i wasnt poo-pooing it!

Mark Rios
02-23-2007, 1:31 AM
Please guys.... I believe poo-pooing is against the TOS. :D :D :D

Alex Berkovsky
02-23-2007, 8:51 AM
Which brands of miter saws will it accept? I have a DeWalt.

Glenn Clabo
02-23-2007, 8:59 AM
My Dewalt is mounted on one...

Kevin Beck
02-23-2007, 10:04 AM
I have one also, with a Dewalt on it. I have also had a Hitachi miter saw on it. The MSUV has mounting holes for the Ridgid miter saws. I think I had to drill a few more for my Dewalt. Not a big deal at all.

Kevin

Kevin Post
02-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I have one... I bought it when it was on sale a couple years ago. I LOVE it.

I mounted a DeWalt saw on it. I simply had to drill a couple holes. I've taken it up stairs. The large wheels makes this an easy one-person task.

I never considered mounting anything other than a saw on it though. I wonder if I might be able to make my Williams and Hussey work on one of these.

J. Greg Jones
02-23-2007, 11:37 AM
I bought two of them this morning and they are nice! I've got my P-C saw mounted on one and eventually I'm going to put my planer on the other. Very rugged and heavy. I could not believe how much they weighed when I lifted them into a cart. The end cap at HD had the special $99.99 price, another 50% off that if you also buy a Ridgid miter saw, but the register rang up $149.99. I had to get a manager to go look at the end cap before they would approve the lower price.

John Shuk
02-23-2007, 4:26 PM
Mine goes up and down the Bilco door stairs all the time. No trouble at all.

David Wambolt
02-23-2007, 4:31 PM
I bought one today for $99 and a Dewalt DP3750 pressure washer. I then pulled out a crisp 20% off coupon that I bought off of Ebay and saved $221. So I got the stand for $80. If I like it, I may go buy another tomorrow.

I checked out at the contractor station and the guy and I talked for like 10 minutes. He said I was making out good today and I had to agree. I paid $28 for five 20% off coupons and on my first coupon saved $220+. Four to go.. what to do.. what to buy. :)

Per Swenson
02-24-2007, 2:12 PM
So......

I found myself at the Home creepo this morn.

For Light bulbs, of course.

They had two left, msuv's not light bulbs.

One box was used,

at least that is what some one had wrote on a factory stapled carton.

Found the harried dept manager and said, whada we gonna do here?

He didn't know. So I helped him a little.

70 bucks on a cart it goes.

And on a cart it went.

I think I will put my new Kapex on it.

Per

RichMagnone
02-24-2007, 3:05 PM
70 bucks on a cart it goes.

Well done!

Larry Rasmussen
02-24-2007, 6:21 PM
Well dang it, I went over to HD and the $99 sign was on a big pile of them but it was only if you bought a rigid chop saw and that was the total after a rebate. I asked one of the sales guys. Now I think after reading this it was kind of a hard to interpret sign but if they're ringing up at $149 as described earlier I think the story I got was technically correct. Anyone else?

Curt Harms
02-24-2007, 7:16 PM
Well dang it, I went over to HD and the $99 sign was on a big pile of them but it was only if you bought a rigid chop saw and that was the total after a rebate. I asked one of the sales guys. Now I think after reading this it was kind of a hard to interpret sign but if they're ringing up at $149 as described earlier I think the story I got was technically correct. Anyone else?
I got one at the Warrington PA. "Home Creepo" (Thanks Per:D) $99 no rebates no having to buy anything else. Great deal. The acrylic American Standard sink we bought was another matter. It was on clearance but not that much of one.. Got it home, the silly thing was CROOKED!!:mad: One end looked like it was bent down and the rim no way resembled level. I doubt there's any way to "bend" an acrylic sink, it had to be a manufacturing problem. I'm sure someone returned it and the geniuses at HD just put it in the clearance area rather than looking at it. We should have opened it and looked at it at the store I suppose, but I'd expect a taped-shut box to be as advertised. I guess not.

Curt

Dave Novak
02-24-2007, 7:49 PM
Per, I started another thread on how to collect dust around a MS. In your picture I can see how you've set it up. How effective is it?

Per Swenson
02-24-2007, 8:00 PM
Dave,

Err...ahhh..not very.

Well in straight cuts it worked fine, exceptional even.

Soon as I swung the saw...disappointment.

No, the only way to do it is to attach the the hood

so it swings with the saw. I only have sliders so thats a pain too.

Now I have seen some rigs for saws that work really well,

but they are shop fixtures. Not really conducive to set up and break down

on a daily basis.

So that's why I am saving my penny's now to get the first Kapex

off the boat.:D

Per

Jeff Kerr
02-24-2007, 9:00 PM
Here is a link for the Ryobi portable stand at HD. Ir is online only. Hope the link works.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0358921787.1172368208@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccgiaddkfgedddmcgelceffdfgidglm.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+3966&pos=n24

David Wambolt
02-24-2007, 9:49 PM
I just bought a second one for $99. I'm going to part with my Hitachi Trac-Rac miter stand with two mounts. I'd rather have the saw on wheels. I picked up one for my Bosch 4212L and the second for my yet to arrive Makita LS1214FL.

steve tompkins
02-26-2007, 8:09 PM
well i got mine. with a 10% off card that my wife got me. i have ben using a "cart" that i built to work in condoes. it didnt cut the mustard when it came to working on new houses, no driveway. not off road rated.
the new cart is robust to say the least.

David Wambolt
02-26-2007, 9:44 PM
After I saw this post, I bought two of these bad boys. I installed my Bosch 4212L on one of them last night and really liked the results. I took it with me to the other house where my shop-in-progress is and put it to work today. I'm VERY pleased with the stand. I will be ditching my Hitachi (Trac-Rac) stand. While I think the Hitachi stand is a bit more durable and feels a bit more quality, I love the fact that I can just roll the saw around. Getting it in and out of my Honda Ridgeline took a little bit of effort since I have a rubber mat in the bed. Set up and use is very easy and the results are better than I expected. Thanks for the tip. Now to sell my Hitachi stand and two mounts on Craigslist.

Roy Bennett
03-01-2007, 5:26 PM
Got mine today - HD in Mobile had 8 - 10 Stacked in the front aisle. When I got home and assembled it, I was amazed at the quality construction, especially for $99 bucks. One He.. of a good deal.

John Schoenauer
03-06-2007, 12:16 AM
I picked up my MSUV Saturday. It is not as sturdy as my Delta 36-136 but still good for the price. I see a couple of problems. First the support legs lock allows the legs to move quite a bit, and the knob for locking the extension rolers broke off. I will call Ridgid support tomorrow about the knob but was wondering if they are all wobbly when setup?
Thanks John Schoenauer

Mack Cameron
03-06-2007, 8:55 AM
Hello everyone; just so you realize what a great deal you got in the US, (as if you don't), it's reg. $199 in Canada. It came on sale on the internet for $169 + $10 for shipping. Had it here the next day, $204.06 taxes in.

I have the Dewalt stand, (no wheels) with a 12" Makita SCMS, but I need wheels now. Traded the Dewalt for a supply of BE and curly maple.

Bob Mircetic
03-06-2007, 6:10 PM
For those of you who already have one, can you tell me does it have a decent "stop" for making repetetive cuts? I'm more interested in a dedicated miter saw station for the shop, don't care too much about mobility. Assumed I would have to build one, but if this thing has a decent stop system built in, maybe I'll just spend the 99 bucks and be done with it.

Eugene A. Manzo III
03-06-2007, 7:10 PM
Very well made piece of equipment well worth 99.00. Mine is in the garage
out towards the back I think :) with a saw on it :confused: . I guess its time to
start using some of them tools

Mickey Elam
03-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Bob,

Sorry to tell you that it doesn't have any sort of stop system on it at all. You could probably put something together, but there's not anything on it as it comes from the store. If I never had to move my miter saw, I'd build a dedicated station for it, but since my wife refuses to park outside the shop, I have to have everything mobile.

Tim Reagan
03-09-2007, 1:23 PM
The roller height is adjustable and has a little metal "shelf" that I think is supposed to be used as a stop. Somewhat crude for finer woodworking, but ok for construction.

Brian Weick
03-09-2007, 4:12 PM
Fellas,

P.

I couldn't agree with you more- I have my ridgid dual compound and my planer on these and I cart them from job to job- My clients think they are a reall nice piece of equipment- rolls write up and down stairs with no problem- I'm colapsed and ready to go within 1 min-you can't beat that. :confused: Why you would carry it is beyond me?? puzzled about that