PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox....

Bonnie Campbell
02-22-2007, 4:14 PM
Anyone else use this? I have problems with mine not letting me use an apostrophe in postings. Is there anyway to shut off the keyboard short cuts so I quit having a "Find" box pop up instead of an apostrophe?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

Jim Becker
02-22-2007, 5:07 PM
I've been using it for a long time with no issue. There was one version where what you described was happening a lot, but it went away during a subsequent update. Be sure you have the most current version.

Chuck Wintle
02-22-2007, 5:14 PM
Anyone else use this? I have problems with mine not letting me use an apostrophe in postings. Is there anyway to shut off the keyboard short cuts so I quit having a "Find" box pop up instead of an apostrophe?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!
Which version of Firefox are you using?:)

Bonnie Campbell
02-22-2007, 5:25 PM
Checked and it was a 1.5 something. Checked for updates, none available. But when I went to their site version 2 was available, so I updated to it. Thanks for the assist. '''''''''' it works now lol

Jim Becker
02-22-2007, 5:35 PM
Be sure to turn on auto-update and Firefox will keep itself (and any add-ins) current for you. V2 has been out for some time now.

Alex Yeilding
02-22-2007, 5:38 PM
I've typed this with no problem. Using FF 1.5.0.9 (latest version in the 1.5 branch, which is still being updated until they make 2.x an automatic update).

Rick Schubert
02-22-2007, 10:57 PM
My Firefox 1.5.?.? did not automatically upgrade to 2.0.0.1. I had to go on the Mozilla site and download it from there. Other upgrades had always worked with the auto update, but not 2.0.

Rick

Tim Wagner
02-23-2007, 10:12 AM
using F2.0.0.1 I think it is the greatest browser to hit the net.

Chuck Wintle
02-23-2007, 4:25 PM
using F2.0.0.1 I think it is the greatest browser to hit the net.
I agree!! And version 2.0.0.2 is available for updating :D

Paul Downes
02-26-2007, 1:15 AM
A question for you linux users. And yes I guess I'm hijacking this thread. How do you folks resize your photo's for posting on the web? I have been using Susa for a # of years now and haven't found a way to post my photo's using this operateing system. I am on the regular mozilla browser.

Hans Loeblich
02-26-2007, 1:52 AM
My Firefox 1.5.?.? did not automatically upgrade to 2.0.0.1. I had to go on the Mozilla site and download it from there. Other upgrades had always worked with the auto update, but not 2.0.

Rick I think Firefox will automatically update for all minor updates(mostly bug fixes). The jump from 1.5 to 2 is a major version difference, so it is left to the user to make that decision, since there are so many noticable differences in program interface, etc.

A question for you linux users. And yes I guess I'm hijacking this thread. How do you folks resize your photo's for posting on the web? I have been using Susa for a # of years now and haven't found a way to post my photo's using this operateing system. I am on the regular mozilla browser. I usually resize photos with Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/). It is a full featured photo editor that can do much more than resizing too. There is even a windows version of the program.
I haven't had a need to post images to this board yet, so I'm not sure about the site specifics.
But one site I have found useful for uploading images is http://imageshack.us you can upload as many images as you want(less than 1.5MB each) for free. There is even an option for imageshack to resize the image for you! :D

Robert Mickley
02-26-2007, 6:03 AM
A question for you linux users. And yes I guess I'm hijacking this thread. How do you folks resize your photo's for posting on the web? I have been using Susa for a # of years now and haven't found a way to post my photo's using this operateing system. I am on the regular mozilla browser.
For just quick resizing znd cropping I use GThumb (http://gthumb.sourceforge.net). For more detailed work I use Gimp.

Paul Downes
02-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks, Hans & Robert, for the replies. I have been thinking about upgrading to a newer version of linux. I have had repeated problems uploading updates and stuff like the gimp help section. I do get the OS updates but haven't been able to fix the problems. I usually call my friend who is a linux programmer for help but even he has been mystified by the lack of performance. Looks like it's the time to do a major box overhaul. Just one more comment, I had to go online with xp the other day and couldn't believe how sloooowwww it was compared to linux.

Robert Mickley
02-27-2007, 1:14 PM
Paul, I;ve been using Ubuntu. http://www.ubuntu.com/

They have a good list of compatable hardware and a pretty good support forum. I've been using it for several months now. I've converted My Sister, 1nephew, 1 niece and my brother.

Tim Wagner
02-28-2007, 6:43 AM
You know, two days after this thread started, My FF browser ran a automatic update to 2.0.0.2. ever since then everytime I click a link in a email sent to me (using Outlook 2003) It first opens a File window labled, Locate Link Browser, and then 5 sec later it opens my browser. I assume it Is FF since it's the only software installed or upgraded recently. Any one else have this problem?

tim.

Jim Becker
02-28-2007, 9:47 AM
I don't have that problem with 2.0.0.2, Tim. The only issues I've experienced is occasional lockup of FF when the Adobe reader fires up to display a file.

Tim Wagner
03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Found the work around for it. In case anyone runs into the same problem as I...

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2728790&sid=9ea4c6c9e69676b67e080673ecea7039